Warema WMS Integration

If you can see the messages coming from the weather station, then the USB stick is being correctly initialized, and I think that error in the console is nothing but a warning.

Also, it doesn’t matter that the VM doesn’t support USB3: it’s not a software/OS problem. USB3 interferes with the stick at the hardware level. If the stick is in the proximity of a USB3 port, and that USB3 port is in use, the radio signal is drowned in electromagnetic noise (paper from Intel here) - I’m even surprised that we can receive signals from the weather station, but I assume that it has a more powerful radio, as it’s a device that’s supposed to stay outdoor.

Hi again,

I would never have believed the thingy about the extension-cable to be honest if I had not seen it with my own eyes now :open_mouth:

I tried now on the same Port with the mentioned extension-cable and voila - It recognizes my blinds and I can control up and down. Currently only full up (0%) and full down (100%) and Stop is possible - correct?
But I think this is just a matter of time :slight_smile: Until this I think I can manage positions with nodred and timers for stopping at the correct position then.

I will give you a big thanks in the meantime as you helped me really a lot with pointing into the right direction!

I am happy to make myself available for testing!

Cheers

Right now it supports UP/DOWN/STOP and position - just click on the entity and use the slider - you don’t need any timer :slight_smile:

UP and DOWN are disabled if the shade is already in the fully-up or fully-down position. If you STOP it while it moves, it might take up to 30 seconds to detect the position, as the position is scanned only twice per minute. I’ll fix this eventually.

Glad to hear I’ve solved a problem also for you :slight_smile: please report any issue on github, let’s keep this thread clean for more generic info.

1 Like

Ah yes - I’ve overseen the slider - this works! Thx!
Maybe just one thing - Is it “works as designed” - in my case if the slider is completely left - the blinds are closed by 100% and vice versa - this is a little bit confusing :slight_smile:

Cheers

interesting, it’s the other way around for me - 0% is fully closed, 100% is fully open.

Would you mind sending me a copy of the logs, via private messages?

You’ve mail :slight_smile:
Thx!

And tilting works too :slight_smile:

Hi,

First of all, my salutations to you for doing this! Really appreciated.
Now to my request: I have the Warema WMS webcontrol unit - not the stick (https://www.der-sonnenschutz-shop.de/warema-2003877-wms-webcontrol.html). So in my case I’d like to connect to the Webcontrol server over IP. Would that be possible with this implementation?

Hi,

No, this add-on works with the stick only. You could try this but I haven’t personally tested it.

Hey Siggy,

Trust me - you need a stick for this - it’s around 50€ + shipping in EU.
You are really restricted with the webcontrol itself. - There is a python-library anyhwere (don’t remember) which is for webcontrol (but only the older version not the webcontrol-pro (for alexa-integration) I have for example)

Hi Giuseppe,
the integration is great. But unfortunately my Raspy is too far away. And spontaneously I don’t have a solution for placing it closer, just for testing.

@siggy:
i have a provisional solution for the webcontrol.
In NodeRed I have created http requests for every roller shutter / blind in the usual positions.
Then I trigger the commands time-controlled, wind or sun-dependent:

ip-address / protocol.xml? protocol = 9004082100000364AAffffff & _ = 1586803111 ’

ip address from your web control
then the code:
90 - I don’t know
04 - Counter it always has to be different, I have the first digit for the room and the second for the position, but I can also make something that automatically counts up
0821 - move command
00 - room (as in the web interface, starts counting at 0)
00 - roller shutter in the room (as in the web interface, starts counting at 0)
03 - Fixed value I have no idea
64 - Position for roller shutters or external venetian blinds (Pos * 2 in Hex)
AA - Angle (only with external venetian blinds) I have a table, but no access at the moment, but if necessary I can search for the determined values.
I didn’t do anything to the rest.

If you copy the “Link” into your browser, you can test whether it works like this.

It is laborious and unconvincing, but currently a solution for me because our house is large and the actuators forward the signals from the WebControl.
Unfortunately, there is no feedback either, I thought about creating input_booleans, which I then also control, then at least I know at which position. I am.
I don’t have a weather station from Warema.

I also have major problems with the WebControl, I often have no connection, then I have to restart it, I have installed a relay in my distribution, so that it is always restarted at night, then it works. The support can’t help me here, they don’t know anything about that.
Unfortunately, the request to an API was also unsuccessful.
And you have to delay the control of the roller shutters / venetian blinds (I have it for two seconds, then it works)

Greetings Stephan

Oh that’s a bummer.
If you have the serial numbers in webcontrol, you can try adding them to the force_devices configuration field (comma-separated) - this prevents the add-on from scanning, and just proceeds to create the devices.

I have the same issue, one of my rollos doesn’t show up during scanning as it’s too far from the stick, but works just fine when added like this.

Hi again,

I’ve posted a “wanted enhancement” to the git repo regarding the weather station. :slight_smile:

Cheers Flo

Hey guys,

at first let me thank you for this integration. It hopefully will cover an important part of my smarthome, which I wasn’t able to integrate into home assistant until yet.

Is there an easy way to install this add-on in home assistant, when one (like I did) had not taken the hassio route and therefore is missing the add-on store?

I might provide a standalone docker image, it will connect to the MQTT broker you prefer and talk to HA through that.

I’d really appreciate that. Btw, are you accepting donations for your work? Would be happy to send you some bucks via PayPal.

Furthermore I can offer my help with testing and debugging. I have some warema receivers, in-wall senders, the weatherstation plus…

While I normally would say “no, thanks”, I’ve opened a PayPal moneypool, and a BTC address (bitcoin:bc1qv0hltl50nhmkv6nefcldhl26073zd2h834kg9s). All proceedings will go to charity.

You can use the standalone docker image (giannello/addon-warema-bridge:standalone), configuration can be passed with the following environment variables:
WMS_KEY WMS_PAN_ID WMS_CHANNEL WMS_SERIAL_PORT IGNORED_DEVICES FORCE_DEVICES MQTT_SERVER MQTT_USER MQTT_PASSWORD

A few bugfixes are out - update please!

hi all,

thanks for the recommendations as to the Webcontrol. So, @cornim’s add on will not work as I have a horizontal blind. I have all my warema vertical blinds connected with an RFLINK, while my sole horizontal blind is newer and hence on wms webcontrol. I could buy the stick, but I was hoping to avoid the cost since I already have the webcontroller and only that single blind. @Stephan4711, I thought I’d try your hack, but a question about the counter, is that an ever increasing number? If so, how do I determine what number to start with?

Thanks all for contributions here and even if it doesn’t work out for me - appreciate the support and work on this

Hi,

@siggy:
I don’t know, but I don’t think so.
The number always has to be a different one, then it works.
I have 10 roller shutters / external venetian blinds and have created a workaround (unfortunately my devices are too far away from my raspi, so this is currently my only option):

the first digit of the counter is my room, the second a position.
Then everything is created in nodered and I can insert conditions, etc…

Greetings