Warn User about incompatible integrations BEFORE applying updates

I recently updated from 2021.11 to 2021.12, and found that post update, my zwavejs2mqtt integration stopped working. Post update, the integration card gave good details about why it wasn’t working, (“Invalid server version: Z-Wave JS Server version is incompatible: 1.11.0 a version is required that supports at least api schema 12”, or something like that)

Given that someone took the time to include an error routine to notify of the specific incompatibility, why not include that error routine in a pre-upgrade check? Maybe this request is for a pre-fight routine for upgrades which integration maintainers could use to alert on incompatibilities?

Ever seen this?

You can find it in the Supervisor addon store :wink:

1 Like

I don’t think this add-on does a pre-flight check of add-ons or integrations. What I was really commenting on was how the POST upgrade warning was so detailed, which implied a detailed validation of the Z-Wave JS integration, and the fact that it would have been much more helpful to know the info PRE upgrade. I don’t think it was a configuration check, but a component version check.