WARNING: Docker-CE 25.0.0.1 not compatible with HASS Supervised (!) (?) on Ubuntu 22.04

I had serious problems with Home Assistant (Core 2024.1.4 & Supervisor 2023.12.1) after updating the packages docker-ce and docker-ce-rootless-extras to 5:25.0.0.1.
Some of the containers didn’t start again and Home Assistant crashes completely.

After downgrading docker-ce and docker-ce-rootless-extras to 5:24.0.7.1 everything works fine again.
The whole thing took me a few complete Linux system restores and a few hours of troubleshooting… :frowning:

Same problem running Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS

Me too !!! I’ve lost few hours and system reinstalls trying to setup a new Debian machine. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rage: until I found github post HA Supervisor Failed setup: troubles with Docker 25 upgrade. Supervisor unable to start · Issue #4827 · home-assistant/supervisor · GitHub

Got the same thing with supervised ha installation on debian. The downgrade to 24.0.7 resolved my problem.

It should be pinned somewhere- the problem seems repeatable.

If I understood that correctly, the problem won’t be solved. The bug has been closed due to unsupported system… WTH

Docker ce 25.0.1 is released and solves the issue for multiple users, have a try!

1 Like

Oh, just noticed it. Works!