Warnings: depreciated " devices" and "auto_uart"

I updated my supervisor this morning (2021.2.1) to find that I now have 13 warnings to notify maintainers that they are using depreciated code. I didn’t even know I was using some of these…eg. zeroTier, AppDaemon 4.

I guess I’ll just have to hope that the depreciated code is fixed before my system crashes. Fortunately, nothing critical is running on HA.

1 Like

Then you likely aren’t. Or if you have them installed but aren’t using them, uninstall them.

If you are using them you need to report the error to the addon maintainer as per the warning.

I’m really surprised to see this from a moderator.

I have no idea if I actually am using zerotier or appdaemon…and there is, AFAIK, no way for me to find out. Addititionally, I have no way to uninstall them because I didn’t install them in the first place and I don’t know which add-on might have added them. I also have no way, other than perhaps here, to notify the maintainers of that code.

My real option is to just not update anything.

Why?

Moderators are allowed to help. Which is what I was genuinely trying to do.

Look in Supervisor / Dashboard. All your installed addons will be shown there.

Sorry to say you don’t actually get that option for the supervisor. It auto-updates. This has upset a few people:

I’m having the same warnings
and it shows warnings for addons that I definitely not have installed. so it has to come from the supervisor.

Same here unfortunately. Edit - restoring to an earlier snapshot doesn’t work. Supervisor is still 2021.02.5

Lets see what comes of this comment:

As I said…I didn’t install these addons…if I did, they are hidden in some other addon and not shown. Clearly, ALL installed addons are not shown in supervisor/dashboard.

I believe you. The warning is occurring for addons you have not installed.

I have same issue, and some of the add-ons listed with errors, I have not installed. Maybe its just all the add-on store’s addons with the issue, not just the ones you have installed ?

Frenck states in the post linked above to contact the add-ons author, so I guess raising an issue on each addons page that you use ? Most of what I have installed are Frenck’s anyway so I’m sure he’ll fix them shortly

I guess we found out…the issue was closed :slight_smile:

It was closed before I commented. As was another similar issue.

For everyone with this issue the advice is to contact the code owners of the addons to tell them they need updating.

The code owners can be found on the store repositories:

107230556-83a39b80-6a1f-11eb-9271-532d2b3e4df4

If you are unable or unwilling to do this, then relax, someone who uses the addon most likely will.

It is only a warning. Nothing bad will happen.

I’m getting a warning for SSH & Web Terminal which is in the Official add-ons so no contact for that repo ?
Like you said though, I’ll just wait and someone will report it

Issue tracker for core addons is here:

However…

SSH & Web Terminal is actually part of the Community addons project. And its issue tracker is here:

Please search and make sure the issue has not already been reported (open and closed issues).

I apologise, I have Terminal and SSH addon from the offiical addons installed, the warning is about SSH & Web Terminal

I have the same issue. Multiple warnings for plugins that I DO NOT have installed plus some that I do. I’m upgraded to the latest Core 2021.2.1 and Supervisor 2021.02.5.

Node Red is the first in my list, but the warnings include:

21-02-08 13:39:59 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘auto_uart’ is deprecated, use ‘uart’. Please report this to the maintainer of Node-RED
21-02-08 13:39:59 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘devices’ use a deprecated format, the new format uses a list of paths only. Please report this to the maintainer of Node-RED

21-02-08 13:40:02 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘auto_uart’ is deprecated, use ‘uart’. Please report this to the maintainer of Network UPS Tools
21-02-08 13:40:02 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘devices’ use a deprecated format, the new format uses a list of paths only. Please report this to the maintainer of Network UPS Tools
21-02-08 13:40:02 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘auto_uart’ is deprecated, use ‘uart’. Please report this to the maintainer of Z-Wave JS to MQTT
21-02-08 13:40:02 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘auto_uart’ is deprecated, use ‘uart’. Please report this to the maintainer of Z-Wave to MQTT
21-02-08 13:40:02 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘auto_uart’ is deprecated, use ‘uart’. Please report this to the maintainer of SSH & Web Terminal
21-02-08 13:40:02 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘devices’ use a deprecated format, the new format uses a list of paths only. Please report this to the maintainer of SSH & Web Terminal
21-02-08 13:40:02 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘auto_uart’ is deprecated, use ‘uart’. Please report this to the maintainer of AppDaemon 4
21-02-08 13:40:02 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘auto_uart’ is deprecated, use ‘uart’. Please report this to the maintainer of Visual Studio Code
21-02-08 13:40:02 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘auto_uart’ is deprecated, use ‘uart’. Please report this to the maintainer of ESPHome
21-02-08 13:40:02 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘devices’ use a deprecated format, the new format uses a list of paths only. Please report this to the maintainer of WireGuard
21-02-08 13:40:02 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘devices’ use a deprecated format, the new format uses a list of paths only. Please report this to the maintainer of ZeroTier One
21-02-08 13:40:02 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘auto_uart’ is deprecated, use ‘uart’. Please report this to the maintainer of Node-RED
21-02-08 13:40:02 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.validate] Add-on config ‘devices’ use a deprecated format, the new format uses a list of paths only. Please report this to the maintainer of Node-RED

This is what you do then:

Nice to see that even moderators of the forums are spoken to like a piece of crap by senior devs.

Although not nice to see that the answer is “I don’t really care that people’s logs are filled with warning messages for things that have nothing to do with their installations”.

Ah well.

2 Likes

? I think you are reading something you really want to see yourself. I did not speak any bad thing about anyone, nor did I respond in such a way.

Although not nice to see that the answer is “I don’t really care that people’s logs are filled with warning messages for things that have nothing to do with their installations”.

Not really, I’ve been preparing this migration for the community add-ons and currently releasing my ass off to reduce those messages. All core add-ons are adjusted already.

Please keep things factual. Thanks.

2 Likes

Frenk was just being frank (candid). I am not offended.

1 Like