Was there a change to Sharing information between Apps?

I recently upgraded from 2.0.8 to 2.1.9 and then again to 2.1.10 today. I am running HA 55.1 I am not using the restful api or dashboard.

Is there a new way to access other app config settings from within a different app?

app = kwargs["app"]
attributes = self.config[app]

It was working before I upgraded so it appears I’m missing something that was changed. The documentation hasn’t changed (APPGUIDE) so I’m not sure what the problem is.

I am getting an error where I use self.config[“my_app_name”] .
I get a KeyError for the app name when I am trying to retrieve parameter values set in the app config.

File "/srv/appDaemon/lib/python3.4/site-packages/appdaemon/appdaemon.py", line 504, in worker function(utils.sanitize_timer_kwargs(args["kwargs"]))

I moved my app config into conf/apps.yaml per the changelog and removed them from appdaemon.yaml.

This is how I do it
apps.yaml

speakers:
    module: speakers
    class: Speakers
    #LOGLEVEL: DEBUG

Python code

try:
            speakers = self.get_app("speakers")
            speakers.turn_off()
        except AttributeError:
            self.log("Speakers app not found")

Thank you, but I’m not trying to call a method of another app. I’m trying to read the conf/app.yaml file list of preset parameters of another app. Your code works just fine in my app, but it’s not what I’m trying to do. I know I could create a get method to get the parameter value but according to the documentation I should still be able to get the data from

self.config['app_name']['app_param1']

Sorry, I should have explained more. The arguments can be obtained from the args[] array of the app. From another of my apps

self.manual_app = self.get_app(self.args["manual_app"])
            self.trv_id = self.manual_app.args["trv_id"]
2 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like