Watch complications on another device

Hi all,
I have a couple of complications set on my watch and I am trying to do the same for my wife. Her watch is version 5 and is running WatchOS 8.3, the same as me. If I try to add a complication it does not seem to work (I am using Infograph just the same as my watch). Also if I try to add a second complication, it tells me the watchOS version will not allow more than one complication of the same type unless the WatchOS version is 7 or better, it is on 8.3! I am somewhat confused. Any pointers would help. She is marked as an admin in HA.

Are you pairing multiple watches to your device or is the second watch on another phone? I don’t know what happens if you’re trying to make multiple watches connect but the version number reporting wrong means the watch app has never talked back to the iOS app to give info; try launching it manually.

Thanks for the response. Apologies for the lack of information in the first message!
I have an iPhone 12 and Apple Watch. My wife has an iPhone 13 and Apple Watch. We both have the companion app on our phones and individual logins, both at admin status. My stuff works as advertised but for some reason, I have the problems if I try to set Linda’s watch complications up.

Is the watch app installed on her watch? If you launch it, does it start offering multiple complications support?

The HA watch app is installed but only offers the placeholder for HA. There are all the other complications available as usual. I am somewhat confused why HA thinks her WatchOS version is not seen properly but that may be a distraction?