Water filter quality and water softener status

I’m on my third pressure transducer from Amazon (https://a.co/d/02SsVG8) and they keep dying on me. :frowning: They work great for 2-3 weeks then just start giving bogus voltages. I have the transducer in series with an analog gauge which never reads above 70psi, which is correct since I am on a private well and that is what my pressure tank is set for. I have the sensors between my pressure tank and before my iron filter and water softener. I don’t think my unfiltered well water should be killing it(?). Any thoughts or recommendations on a better pressure transducer?

(well) ---- (pressure tank) ---- (pressure transducer) ---- (iron filter / water softener) ---- (house)

I’m thinking about buying this one (https://a.co/d/hjQwDkj) that @cmerritt82 mentioned above (Water filter quality and water softener status - #16 by cmerritt82). Quite a bit more expensive but fine if it lasts.

Hey @ciscojunkie , here is the one I went with. Still going strong since my initial project.

Pressure Transducer Sender Sensor for Oil Fuel Air Water,1/8"NPT Thread Stainless Steel (100 PSI): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Hope this helps.

Thx @cmerritt82 ! Looks like you are using the same one that I have but mine is a 150psi, whereas yours is the 100psi model. With my luck, I wouldn’t be surprised if the 150psi model had a bad batch (and I got them all). :wink: May give the 100psi model a try.

These must be a bad batch or you have a bad voltage supply that is moving around and killing the sensor somehow. I’m still using the original ones I installed when I got my system up and running around April 2020 (almost 3 years ago).

If I were you, I’d try using a different high-quality 5V power supply and see if you get different results.

I’m using the 5V from the ESP itself. I haven’t tried connecting to an external power supply. May need to give that a shot.

Just wanted to follow up in case it helps somebody else. I tried another power supply and had the same issues, then ran into some other issue with a different project using another Olimex ESP32-PoE-ISO. That led me to RTFM for ESPHome ESP32 :wink: and discovered that I should be using esp32-poe-iso as the board type from this list. Once I changed that, the readings are stable and no more fluctuations. I didn’t dig into how or why but I’m sure there is a reason buried in the code. Anyway, thx for all the help!