Water Pressure Z-wave - wifi: monitor pressure of city water

Hello,

i don’t know if i’m at the right place. if not, sorry and give me some hint :wink:

my question is: do you know a water pressure sensor that i can integrate in HA ?
eg. Water Consumption Sensor incl. Leakage Protection: Aqua-Scope i did find a vendor for this. that’s why i ask here.

thank you in advance.

ELE

I’m also looking to measure the water pressure of my well to know when the pump needs servicing. I haven’t found any off-the-shelf wifi or zwave pressure sensors, so I’ll probably build my own using a ESP32 and an analog fluid pressure sensor.

There are many water pressure sensors available on Amazon, but from the reviews they are mostly junk, often failing after a few months of use.

The DFRobot SEN0257 looks promising. Operates from 0 to 290 psi (0 to 2 Mpa). 5V input, 0.5 to 4.5V output.
Wiki page for using it with an Arduino.
Youtube video

My plan is to use the SEN0257 with an ESP32 and ESPHome for easy integration with HA.

5 Likes

Just did the same with the DFRobot sensor and a Wemos D1 mini - still figuring out the exact values for calibration.
Seems to work okay, at least for now; let’s hope the sensor lasts.

2 Likes

How is this working for water pressure? Calibrated fine and lasting?

The sensor is still working fine for me after more than 15 months.
I’m not 100% sure about the calibration, but it’s enough for me to be a ‘kind of in the right ballpark’ figure - I’m more interested in the changes than the absolute values.