Water Valve support?

Hi,

Does HA support water valves like: Leak Gopher (LGZW-1) or Homeseer (HS-WV100+) water valves? I couldn’t find any reference to these in OpenZWave source on GitHub. These guys are not cheap so I’d like to understand whether HA would properly support them? If anyone has these installed - I would appreciate to hear your opinion about the valves.

Thanks!

I’ve seen others post that they are using the Fortrezz and Dome actuators with success. I believe they show up as a switch. I actually bought the Dome model some time ago, but haven’t “upgraded” my actual water shutoff from an old globe valve to a 1/4 turn ball valve to be able to use it yet.

Thanks for your reply. I’ve looked at other valves (Dome included) and think that the ones I’ve mentioned are the best bang, but they require installation. I’ve got PVC pipes, so something like Dome won’t really work. Plus, the ball valves are just better design, I think.

Well, I guess I’ll need to invest $260-280 in the valve (plus plumber labor to install that - so that won’t be cheap). This is one of the main reasons I’ve even considered automation - gizmos like lights are nice, but house protection is where the value is for me.

Shurik -I realize this post is old, but did you ever get the Leak Gopher valve working? I have also searched and can’t find a definitive answer.

Thanks.

Yeah, it’s working for me. I think it wasn’t fully recognized, but works as a switch so I can control it via automations.

I have the Fortrezz WV-01 working on my zwave network. I have a Fortrezz MIMOLIte in series with my indoor high water alarm from the septic system that I use to report the alarm, that an automation then triggers the valve to close on my water main. It works well. I’m very impressed with the build quality of the valve and motor head. Plus, it has a manual turn-off for no power situations. A necessity.