Watermeter pulse sensor S0PCM

HI,

I am trying to integrate my watermeter in HA (virtualenv on Pi3). I have a Itron pulsesensor Cyble. This is connected with an S0 Pulse Counter module (http://www.smartmeterdashboard.nl/webshop). Now i am looking to get the right sensor data in HA.
When i do a cat /dev/ttyACM0, i do see a output like:

ID:24705:I:10:M1:0:0:M2:0:0:M3:0:0:M4:0:0:M5:0:0

So the sensor works.
In configuration.yaml i tried:

• platform: serial
    serial_port: /dev/ttyACM0

This is creating the sensor, but i cannot get the right formatting.

thanks

Manual:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxudGE4MTMwcDFzbWFydG1ldGVyfGd4OmYzMjc0ZTFjMzFkYzYwMw

Testing en interpretate the output:

I’d suggest using a python_script to parse the sensor data

HI robmarkcole.
Why do i need a python script? isn’t i can directly template it with value_template ?
I am not a python expert, the domoticz script is lua.

would be great if someone could help with it.

Data record (repeated every interval):
For S0PCM-5: ID:a:I:b:M1:c:d:M2:e:f:M3:g:h:M4:i:j:M5:k:l
For S0PCM-2: ID:a:I:b:M1:c:d:M2:e:f
Legenda:
a -> Unique ID of the S0PCM
b -> interval between two telegrams in seconds, this is set in the firmware at 10 seconds.
c/e/g/i/k -> number of pulses in the last interval of register 1/2/3/4/5
d/f/h/j/l/ -> number of pulses since the last start-up of register 1/2/3/4/5

Thanks

Found out that i can create extra sensors with the value_template command. I only need to split the following string with the template.
ID:24705:I:10:M1:0:0:M2:0:0:M3:0:0:M4:0:0:M5:0:0
The first is the ID of the unit. not needed.
Second I:xx is not needed (is the 10 sec interval)

M1:x:y
M1, M2, M3, M4, M5 are each a sensor.
x= not needed (pulse count from last interval)
y= the value witch is needed for each (M1 - M5)

Would love the create a template for deviding this string in seperate sensors.
Thanks!

Hi Do you know anything about Water Flow sensors, I have a water flow meter setup with MQTT, I would like to expose it to HA to give me daily/monthly litres. The issue I’m having is i have no clue how to expose it to HA. currently it only shows on MQTT Tasomota counter either pulse or timer.

@Martin: did you get further of integration this Pulse Sensor into Home Assistant? I am looking for a good/nice solution too :wink:

Sorry i still did not get it working
There is Some counting of the pulses needed and then bring it to ha somehow

Pitty, because spending 80+40 euro on this possible solution it is a bit high. My coding skills aren’t that great yet, to make a custom component for it. ualex73 (utmachine).

BTW the pulse coding and serial output is stable and correct? Ifso - it could still be an option, because playing with other stuff with a simple sensor, doesn’t seem to be stable (person opinion) ;-(

With the split option i am able to get sensor data in HA, but without counting pulses and calculating liters it is worthless

Yes, without some formatting the pulse data isn’t useful. Ok, when i get to this type of automation (my list is still long enough), i will check if i can make a custom component for it.

Any progress on this? Contemplating on going this route to monitor water usage.

Yes Alexander made a great docker for this:

This is working great

I’m interested to use it as a custom sensor. But I cannot find any documentation on how to configure it.

In the python code is a reference to a non-existing home-assistant page.

Perhaps you can post a brief summary of the configuration options in this forum?

Bram

Hi @Jorei,
I’m interested to setup the S0 pulse meter within the current version of Home Assistant. I’m running HA on Hassio. How to setup your component? Where do I need to copy files to?

Christian

Does anyone of you have this working?

I’m new to HASS, but I’m getting there :slight_smile:

I don’t see noting in the beta release notes about this integration, so I like to know how to get this up and running manually.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Best regards,
Rien

I did a lot of reading and testing to try and get this working, but HASS.io completely hangs during startup when I enable this custom component. The error log is:

2020-03-19 12:31:55 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-03-19 12:31:55 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for volkswagencarnet which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.
2020-03-19 12:31:59 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.discovery] Please remove homekit from your discovery.enable configuration as it is now enabled by default
2020-03-19 12:31:59 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.discovery] Please remove apple_tv from your discovery.enable configuration as it is now enabled by default
2020-03-19 12:31:59 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.discovery] Please remove denonavr from your discovery.enable configuration as it is now enabled by default
2020-03-19 12:31:59 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.discovery] Please remove harmony from your discovery.enable configuration as it is now enabled by default
2020-03-19 12:32:01 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.climate] The zwave platform for the climate integration does not support platform setup. Please remove it from your config.
2020-03-19 12:32:01 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom integration for s0pcm which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.

I did go through the code, but did not find anything out of the ordinary
The original author does not respond (yet)

Is anyone of you using this component with succes?

Thanks,
Rien

My initial goal was to add the s0pcm sensor as feature to home-assitant. However, unfortunately could not find the time for this. Instead created a separate repository for the custom (sensor) component with file structure for adding it as custom component to home-assistant, see:

Remark: do not forget to add the following to configuration.yaml

sensor:

• platform: cyble

Hi Jorie, Thanks for uploading your custom_component to Github! I’m going to try this later this week.
Do you also use the S0 Pulse Counter Module with 5 inputs from SmartMeterDashboard.nl?

Christian

I am using this docker:

And send it via mqtt to HA. Works great.