Wattle smart lock getting unresponsive used with zha

Thanks for the info. I will definitely check if that is applicable for my version of the lock.

Thanks for all answers! Found the reset button but also a button on zigbee motherboard on the lock which manually start the connection procedure. Managed to connect the lock and everything works fine! Thanks for all replies.
Also got answer from wattle regarding firmware.

Du behƶver nog lƤsa detta ocksƄ som skall anvƤnda lƄset med annat system https://heimgard.com/firmware-filer-til-vare-produkter

Iā€™m having a hard time getting our Wattle MPL PRO to work with my HA installation.
I have a Conbee II

Weā€™ve tried both removing the batteries and searching for the device within HA, weā€™ve also tried holding down the reset button near the top right on the back of the device, no luckā€¦no clue how the zigbee module would look, but it says in the marketing that itā€™s built-in to the deviceā€¦

I see something regarding firmwares listed here by Samir_Benaissa, but no idea if this is needed nor how to identify which version I have nor how to actually firmware update the deviceā€¦

Help me please :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Mickey,
You need to press the button on the side of zigbee motherboard for Home assistant to find and sync the lock. The lock needs to have power so donā€™t take out the batteries when you push the button. Donā€™t remember on which side the button is placed on zigbee motherboard. I attached pics where you see the zigbee motherboard. It did the trick for me. Image_007Image_006-208x277-1

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking of buying this lock. Are you still happy with your locks and the ZHA integration?

Is it possible to set a time when PIN is enabled (for example only between 7-20 every day)?

Hi, unfortunately I am not fully happy. I have two locks and they behave differently. One lock is eating a mass of batteries, the other not.
Zigbee is not 100% reliable, maybe 90%. I get this annoying feeling ā€œwill it work this time, or should I go and get the physical key?ā€
Not many functions are available with zigbee to control more than basic lock/unlock functions.
It is a pitty, I am so much in love with the mechanical design and the ease of installation, but my 3 Danalock with additional keypad are so much more reliable.
Br

Thank you for your response. So you have the Danalock v3 (zigbee)? And you use it with ZHA? It provides similar features as the Wattle?

Iā€™m not sure that more than basic functions are exposed to ZigBee, can you do more with Heimgard application like setup codes and more?
@Ksvard

I am not using any Heimgard application, all programming of codes are done locally on the locks on the keypad. I have actually converted my two locks to be powered by cable instead of batteries. Got tired of changing them. Will see if there is any change in stability of zigbee.

Hi. For those of you with a wattle lock.

Can you detect who unlocked/locked the lock from home assistant? (Just getting the id/number for the passcode used would be enough).

Iā€™d like to track who is unlocking and if need be turn of relevant parts of the alarm system depending on who is entering.

Nope, I donā€™t get any user info in the history or in the log.

Hi @Ksvard

I downloaded the .zip file from Wattle, unzipped it, and placed the file in the the OTA directory.
But it does not seem to do anything to the lock, it still has the firmware set to ā€œFirmware: 0x00000001ā€.

How do I see if the firmware is loaded to the lock?

OK - this seems to have been resolved now.

Rebooted HA (again), left the lock in a corner and waited.
Sometime during today, it has been updated and now shows ā€˜Firmware: 0x000027ddā€™.

Hi, Krister

When I pair the wattle Pro lock to my Conbee2 plugged in to HA on the Raspberry Pi 4, I canā€™t lock and unlock from HA, I can just se the status of the lock. Do you know how to fix that?

And also, I donā€™t really know how to upgrade the FW on the lock it self ?

Thaks in advance

Hi friends
Can anyone guide me how to connect my Wattle Door Lock Pro with Home Assistant.
Iā€™ve been searching the internet for information and guidance, but nowhere near I find the answer.
It looks like the Heimgard Hub Pro Gateway has Zigbee, but I cannot find any specifications about the connectivity.
Hope someone can help.
Best regards
Henrik

Hi, I am using a Conbee II stick connected to the HA which acts as the zigbee controller and then I am using the standard Ha Zigbee interface to add a new device, the lock. Nothing special or odd about that procedure. Just make sure that the lock is within zigbee range and that the zigbee frequency does not interfere with Wi-Fi as some frequencies are shared. Not all features are supported but locking unlocking and status is working.
As I have written earlier in this thread, I have had problems with the locks being unresponsive. I therefore have converted the locks from battery operated to be connected to the mains (5v power supply connected to the battery connector)

Is it still not possibel to make codes in HA

Hi Iā€™ve bought this Wattle Pro P0 version doorlock with stock firmware: 0x00000001 and integrated it my Home Assistant OS 11.05 running on a NUC with SkyConnect zigbee ZHA USB dongle. I can see lock/unlock operation in the logbook when i operate the lock directly on the keypad, but from HA i can not operate anything and like others the lock gets unresponsive over time. Then after reading this thread I tried to firmware update the doorlock with this firmware for the P0 version https://heimgard.com/support/firmware-filer-til-vare-produkter
Uploaded it in /homeassistant/zigpy_ota directory then made the changes to configuration.yaml and restartet HA, and the logs says:
2024-02-24 14:40:18.146 DEBUG (MainThread) [zigpy.zcl] [0x41A2:1:0x0019] OTA query_next_image handler for ā€˜Home Control AS HC-SLM-1ā€™: field_c ontrol=1, manufacturer_id=4098, image_type=0, current_file_version=1, hardware_version=1, model=ā€˜HC-SLM-1ā€™
2024-02-24 14:40:18.154 DEBUG (MainThread) [zigpy.zcl] [0x41A2:1:0x0019] No OTA image is available

Why canā€™t HA see the update? Can anyone in this thread lead me to a solution?.

Just checking, you did add the path to the ota in the configuration.yaml?
I am using the following entry:
otau_directory: /config/ota

Hi @Ksvard
Thankyou for responding.

I uploaded firmware file ā€œHome Control AS_HC-SLM-1=00.01.zigbeeā€ to this HA location: