Waze Travel Time - error

No, it hasn’t been fixed. I assumed it was fixed. A while back, someone changed the startup so that the state would occur on startup instead of 5 minutes in. I’ll take a look at it, but for now you’ll have to live with it.

2 Likes

0.83.3, but been seeing it since 0.82.X

Still in 0.84.2 :frowning:

2018-12-20 09:47:55 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Future exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/home/rob/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/sensor/waze_travel_time.py", line 74, in <lambda>
EVENT_HOMEASSISTANT_START, lambda _: sensor.update())
  File "/home/rob/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/sensor/waze_travel_time.py", line 204, in update
routes = params.calc_all_routes_info(real_time=self._realtime)
  File "/home/rob/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/WazeRouteCalculator/WazeRouteCalculator.py", line 145, in calc_all_routes_info
routes = self.get_route(npaths, time_delta)
  File "/home/rob/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/WazeRouteCalculator/WazeRouteCalculator.py", line 95, in get_route
response_json = response.json()
  File "/home/rob/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/requests/models.py", line 897, in json
return complexjson.loads(self.text, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/json/__init__.py", line 354, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/json/decoder.py", line 339, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/usr/lib/python3.6/json/decoder.py", line 357, in raw_decode
raise JSONDecodeError("Expecting value", s, err.value) from None
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

Yep, still there in 0.84.6

Hi All

Questions, does this support South Africa region. Tried all the regions, but not getting any data from the sensor.
Error: Error on retrieving data: Internal Error

When using overseas address such in US, all works

It doesn’t seem like it, according to the docs. I tried using ZA addresses and that region setting too. I haven’t delved into understanding why the integration would be limited when Waze is otherwise available in ZA.

I’m now using the Google Travel integration. It was a bit more effort to setup but it’s all well documented. I’m still testing my setup (for my automation) but so far it seems to do the job. In my case, Im sending a notification from HA to my wife’s device with an ETA when I leave work.

it’s supported. Just use EU. EDIT: Or what @jakesie said, use US. Waze only cares about region for the server that is used, it doesn’t mean it can’t find addresses outside that area.

Thanks for the clarification, @petro. Could the docs perhaps be updated to reflect that more accurately?

I’ll try to reproduce it at home tonight and post the exact error message, but I got an error using US as the region (I didn’t try any other regions though). I set my origin and destination using zones (and tried lat-longs before that).

It’s most likely a timeout or empty response. If that’s the case, then waze isn’t allowing you to connect. Meaning you have to use a different server. i.e. choose a different region.

Hi to all that have worked this integration.
I just installed it, but the time and distance that I receive in the sensor, is completely wrong. It is much bigger than it should be.
I’m calculating distance between my mobile phone sensor, and my zone.work in region: UE and the distance and time is huge. time: 1357min, but the real distance should be 35 minutes (60 minutes maximun with heavy traffic)
Has anybody experienced it. I’ve tried other destinaions and quite wrong too.
Any advice is welcome.
Thanks

This sounds more, like the startpoint coordinates provided by your mobile phone are somehow wrong. Tryed fixed starting point?

Hi, thanks a lot. You directed me to the root cause.
To help others, the solution I have implemented is, instead of using a sensor.phone_geoposition I have used a person.me (geopositioned with the phone sensor) as origin. It has worked at least today since BebeMischa oriented!!!

1 Like