Wear OS app - how to determine what is exposed to the app

I’ve installed the app on my Galaxy Watch 5 (Wear OS). It shows in the menu and I can access a whole slew of entities. Is there any way to determine which entities (or at least the order of them) that show up on my watch? (I get a bunch of “null” lights that seem to serve no purpose.)
I’d like to have a few lights and some scripts at the top where I don’t have to scroll to get to them all the time. Also, the only two of my nine areas show up.

use teh favorites feature to quickly access certain entities: https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/wear-os/#favorites

1 Like

Is there any way to change the order that the items appear in the list on the watch?

you can change the order of favorite entities using the phone app, everything else is in alphabetical order

OK. How? I’ve tried dragging. No luck. I’ve tried tapping and holding. No luck.
How do you change the order of the favorites. (I’ll just ignore those other entries unless I really want to look through them.

on the phone app go to Settings > Companion App > Wear OS > Favorite entities then select the icon at the far right and drag and drop to reorder

I just tested it myself and it works and updates properly

1 Like

Thanks. You are correct. The problem I had was that I’d go there and get what was essentially an unpopulated screen(!). None of the items showed up, so I thought I was in the wrong place.
As it turned out. After I tried it five or six times, the list showed up with those handy little grab bars on the right and it worked exactly as I expected and you described.
I still don’t know why it was so slow to populate the list, but I’m good now.

so the data on watch gets packaged up and sent via a google play services API that the phone app listens to, it may have been backed up with requests. Usually its pretty quick but the speed is out of our control unfortunately. If an error occurred you would see it in the Companion App logs.

I think it must have been the former because it seems to be working fine now.

1 Like