Wear OS Sensors not update at the background

Hello everyone I just bought a watch on Wear OS 3.5 (TicWatch 5). And installed the Home Assistant on them. I expected the clock to constantly send heart rate data to the server. However, the data is not sent until the display is switched to the active state (by me).

I tried to disable all the power saving features, but it didn’t help.
Has anyone encountered this problem ?

I have the exact same issue on a Galaxy Watch 5 Pro

Yep, similar issues on a Galaxy Watch 4.
At times, updates just stop coming in.

It might be related to switching the watch to power saving mode. Even after disabling it, updates still do not come in until I go the the watch settings on the companion app.

For samsung watches you guys need to go into the Samsung watch companion app on the phone and grant the HA app background access, its a feature specific to Samsung devices. For ticwatch I am not sure if they call it something else, Wear OS does not allow apps to ignore battery optimizations so not too much we can do.

2 Likes

The problem is really not on the homeassistant side. After the following actions on the watch and smartphone, the sensors began to update properly:

1. Grant permissions to the Modvoi Health app on your phone to work in the background.
  2. Enabled all notifications for him. In the future, it will probably be possible to block part of it again if necessary. It is necessary to test
  3. In the application itself, Modvoi Health clicked on “reconnect”
    Perhaps it was enough to fulfill one of the points, I’m not sure.

Surprisingly, I did not change the settings of the watch itself.

Hi,

Same here with a Xiaomi Watch S2 Pro under Wear OS 3.5, this driving me crazy as Wear OS devices have a very bad battery autonomy so I did some automations under Home Assistant to warn me through Google Home devices and Telegram messages when the watch is low on battery but this works only a few times as the battery level does not update correctly/regularly within HomeAssistant probably because of a power saving mode on the watch or other similar feature to keep battery …

Would love to hear someone has found some informations on how to solve this.

Regards,

lolo