Weather forecast from OpenAI Conversation Agent

Prior to the June release, I had created an automation that when called from Assistant, would send weather data to OpenAI and have it create a natural language forecast that would then be read aloud by TTS. It took many iterations before I got it working reliably. After the update, I can’t call automations with the OpenAI assist agent, so I am looking for a way to replicate this feature. As far as I can tell, it doesn’t have access to the weather.get_forecasts service so I can’t get it to tell me any forecast. The only way I think it would work is if I can call that service in the conversation agent instructions, but I couldn’t figure out how to do that. Is this possible some other way? I’ll post the automation YAML below so you get an idea of what I’m trying to do.

I’m also trying to get weather information from OpenAI via voice assistant. Did you find a way to get this working?

I do not have a solution to this yet, but with the recent changes, I might look into it again.

Hi @dthree

This one actually works for me, though only if I use Home Assistant Cloud and not my Open AI as Voice Assistant. So clearly related to - as you said - OpenAI can’t read Automations / platform: conversation is not detected by OpenAI Conversation.