Weather forecast today

I just noticed HA doesn’t have the weather forecast for today.
only now and tomorrow and the days after.
there is an hourly based entity.
But I would like to have a single value for today.
So if I take a look at 7 in the morning, I can see directly what weather it will become.
now I see it’s 1.7C and tomorrow, it will become 16C.
but I can’t see that today it will become 14C.
I think this is a big gap in the weather forecast.

Has anyone found a solution for this one?

3 Likes

I setup OpenWeatherMap (OpenWeatherMap - Home Assistant) hourly and then using ‘weather-card-chart’ (Lovelace: Weather card with chart) display an hourly graph of what the temp will be at what time.

End result:

Worth noting that I also use DarkSky for the daily forecasts and then customized my own weather cards in lovelace back when they ‘improved’ the default weather card (I preferred the ‘older’ style personally). That thread is here: Weather Card | Old + New = Better? FWIW.

1 Like

I use openWeatherMap

… and what if you click on the card ? don’t you see ALL hours (of the day) … that’s is the “attributes” for the card, and you can with template or “custom cards” show exactly what you want … default, looks like mine , HA Weather with Met.no

sun

So your could basically pic “Todays Hourly” and throw it into a card, there are so many options that im sure 1 will fit you

1 Like

I’m trying openweathermap right now.
I was a little adjective because of the api requerement.
Open weather map has the current day, which is a huge benefit. but what I do notice is that the weather forecast is different.

The other one (met.no) seems to be more accurate if I look at the current weather, and also if I check with my iphone.

met.no is quit accurate in my opinion ( at least when covering Scandinavia ) , ive tried a few ( Apps on phone, and Websites) through the years … Seems like they do have that “little extra” in their forecast, that makes it “more” accurate

PS: i’ve had met.no from start here, but HA(Weather-Home) … installed (Lovelace: Weather card with Chart) , last night, when i saw @Markus99 url: … will spend the day to see if i can get a “better” end-experience/UI with this

FYI,

I put in 4 different weather forecasts, with 4 different results.

No I will check which one is the most accurate.

at the moment it’s only cloudy, so 2 are a little behind.

top to the left seems also a day ahead :wink: … but as it’s forecasts, it must be the 3 others that are “behind”
PS: be sure you have right “timezon” AND “location” right ( Set in your Profile + Zone ) … and your “weather-integration”

Met.no missing the forecast for the current day actually was my initial issue I had.
So it indeed seems like a day ahead.

I checked lat-long 3 times to make sure it is correct for all 4.
I will check in the coming week(s) which one is the most accurate. And select that one. I hope it’s not met.no since I will still have the issue of missing the current day.

yes, i understand what you mean, by having “min / max” predicted values of “current day” , but fairly easy to “pick out” with a template ( and i actually don’t know if what your “see” in the others( ui ), just are “yesterdays prediction” or they made a “new” to show you “today” … to me im more interested in the “hourly/current graph” for the day … not much of a help/relevant if it shows 12C / -10C , … if 12C was 02AM and -10C is 4PM … or VS( -10 at 02AM / 12C at 4PM )
PS: Just tested above today, as i mentioned.

Max 9hours and/or 9Days to show
Thou still the “details” will show Temp 24 / hours ahead

It seems like they are alle showing yesterdays predictions for today. Where they just could show historic data.
And for detailed forecasts hourly is better. But the main reason for me is that I use an Nspanel with this software GitHub - joBr99/nspanel-lovelace-ui: Custom Firmware for NsPanel with the design of HomeAssistant's lovelace UI in mind, works with Tasmota.
And there are only 4 positions for the weather. So using hourly predictions isn’t really useful.
If I look in the morning it would be nice to see the current weather. For details I can open the app.

1 Like

if you use MsPanel “Horizontal” you would most likely get 8-9 hours with above, or 8-9 days, … and if you are to the more “extreme”, and know howto, you could get the 24Hours in a graph, look at ex. below

Hi, might be a silly question, but how do you get such a clean graph using Weather card with chart ? Is that some older version or something?
Thanks!

Here’s my lovelace yaml:

- type: custom:weather-card-chart
          weather: weather.openweathermap_hourly
          mode: hourly
          icons: /local/custom_icons/weather/static/
          show_main: false
          show_attributes: false
          temp1_color: rgba(157, 165, 180, 1.0)
          style: |
            ha-card {
              padding-top: 5px !important;
              margin-top: 5px !important;
              margin-bottom: -10px !important;
              border-top: 5px solid #222;
            }
            .main {
              display: none !important;
            }
            .attributes {
              display: none !important;
            }

Uses card-mod (🔹 Card-mod - Add css styles to any lovelace card [available via HACS])

1 Like

Thanks! However I still can’t get rid of the circles around values on the graph.

Bump!

I’m about to renew my bathroom and wanto get a smart mirror from Artforma with Samsung SmartPanel (android) or an AppleScreen (iOS). Then I hope I can install Home Assistant companion app and show the weather. I find met.no to be the most accurate but as OP I miss the today forecast.

I digress but I can also see what the electricity price is at the moment with the Tibber Pulse integration and start the washing machine when it is low. I probably will not save much money with this but it is fun :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

@boheme61
Could you share your yaml?

I would love to have this view for my weather forecast as well.

Sorry for late response, i’ve not been here for awhile, and currently don’t have access to my HA-instance … i get back to you when i can pull it out