Weather using yr.no in Lovelace

I am a bit at a loss how to get the weather sourced from yr.no into my lovelace frontend.

I added this to my configuration.yaml.

# YR weather service
sensor:
  - platform: yr
    name: Weather
    forecast: 24
    monitored_conditions:
      - temperature
      - symbol
      - precipitation
      - windSpeed
      - pressure
      - windDirection
      - humidity
      - fog
      - cloudiness
      - lowClouds
      - mediumClouds
      - highClouds
      - dewpointTemperature

But what do I need to put into my ui-lovelace.yaml?

The weather forecast card in lovelace expects a weather component, not a weather sensor.

Unfortunately, noone has made an yr.no weather component yet…

1 Like

Ok, thanks!

So I went with the standard lovelace weather card - which is actually quite nice. But where can I change the title from “Yweather” to just “Weather”? I tried name: and title: in the UI file but that didn’t change a thing. Somebody here surely knows… Thanks!

I struggled with this to. Ended up using customize to give my weather platform a friendly name which worked for me.

https://github.com/SilvrrGIT/HomeAssistant/blob/master/customize.yaml

1 Like

That did it, thanks!

Ah, something must have changed in the weather cards. Now, the weather is display above the icon. Looks much nicer and easier to read.

The only thing is now you don’t need the headline “Weather” anymore. I tried to remove “Wetter” in customize.yaml by entering a blank space but that didn’t do the trick.

Would anybody know how to get rid of the title altogether?

You can also use met.no: https://www.home-assistant.io/components/weather.met/
The same data source as yr.no

That’s good to know! However, I get the red box below.
I have this in my configurations.yaml

weather:
  - platform: met

and in ui-lovelave:

- type: weather-forecast
    entity: weather.met

Which version of HA are you using?
I think you have to use one of the latest

I am using HASS.IO 0.82.

Try in ui-lovelace.yaml:

type: weather-forecast
    entity: weather.metno

Struggled with this myself, kind of hard to guess :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah, indeed, thanks!

Now I just wonder, how I can change the data display on this as it now only gives one temperature value per day, includes a time of day and has forecasted temperature data not as an integer value. (Forecasting weather is inaccurate anyway, so no need for a temperature of 6.9 C…"

Sappho (or anyone else)

I’m also using the Met.No and was wondering if you were able to resolve the issues you were having.

Question:
I’m only able to get 2 futures days of weather temperatures. The rest of the week show an “F” where the temperate would would be at.
Did it just work for you or did you do something to show a temperature for each day?

I’m only able to get the 1 temperate for each days.
Did you do anything special to show up maximin and minimum temperate for each future (forecast) date?

Thank you

I am afraid, I can’t help you. I had switched back to Yahoo weather as one temperature per day only doesn’t work for me.

Any updates here? It seems like the met.no weather platform is the only reliable source for Norwegian weather, and I’m really interested in getting a hourly update instead of once per day, if this is possible. I had a look at the met.no API and to me it seems like it’s broadcasting hourly temperatures?

Hi Sapnho and @silvrr ilvrr there is no need to customize the entity - in your ui-lovelace.yaml just type in something else, I typed in the name of my town (Beverly Hills is just an example)
- type: weather-forecast
entity: weather.dark_sky
name: Beverly Hills
That will give you the name of your town instead of the “Wetter” in saphno’s picture.

EDIT: Cant get the indent right, but entity: and name: below “T” in Type

1 Like

Hi everyone, I am very new to HA, and trying to get a Weather Forecast card working. I’ve received lots of errors mentioned here, and nothing I do seems to work. I have added the following to configuration.yaml.

HomeAssistWeath

I’ve then added the following in the “Weather Forecast Card Configuration”

entity: weather.metno
type: weather-forecast

However, the card subsequently displays:

Entity not available: weather.metno

I have also tried using using “weather.met” in the card configuration as well. I’ve tried numerous other combinations of settings, but cannot get a weather card to work. Any help would be appreciated. I am running Hass Assistant Core 0.108.8, HassOS 3.13 and supervisor 219 (if any of that is relevant)

OK, answered my own question here. What I hadn’t understood was that why the “entity not available”. Which I now do. Thanks to this YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEtX0uboxQA, I learned how to check this. Anyway once I corrected the entity to: entity: weather.met_no, it was good and it all worked.

yr sensor homeassistant release-115 not working?