WeatherFlow to MQTT Setup

1. Uninstall both of those (unless you are using MQTT for something else).
  2. Install the Weatherflow REST integration linked in the first post of this topic. https://github.com/briis/hass-weatherflow
  3. Go to Configuration / Devices & Services / Integrations
  4. Add the Weatherflow integration.
  5. Done.

Thanks for your quick response.

What I understand is that this solution will need you to have an active internet connection to retrieve the data from your local tempest. However, I dont have any internet available to my domotica network for security reasons.

For this reason I need to use the MQTT setup if I understand correctly. But I am not sure how to set this up. :slight_smile:

But this topic is not about WeatherFlow to MQTT. That is a completely different third party integration.

Hi,

I just received the Tempest. :heart_eyes: Its working nicely in their app. But now I want to integrate it locally (no internet) into HA. I have been looking for a easy step by step guide to getting the Tempest data into HA and then a nice dashboard card. Unfortunately I cant find any easy step by step guide.

I installed the Add-ons “Mosquitto broker” and “WeatherFlow to MQTT” already. But now I need to find a way to get all connected.

Can anyone provide a simple step by step guide how to connect to the Tempest?

Much appreciated for your assistants. :slight_smile:

Hi did you get the answer and / or did you get it going. I am having exact the same problem that you seen to have experienced

Ants

We need more info to be able to help.

• How did you install it, as a Docker Container or using the HASS Add-On
  • Have you checked that data is published to the MQTT server
  • Anything in the Log files?
  • Is Home Assistant setup to use default_config: in your configuration.yaml?
  • What version of Home Assistant are you running?

My apologies for the very late response!
For some reason I found the Tempest values displayed in HA after some restarting. So there was no need for any additional configuration I guess. I can now set trigger and actions on the tempest conditions in side of HA.

Have a nice weekend.