Web UI access issue on a secondary LAN

Hi All,

I have an issue on my set up that i can’t fix.

Hassio is running fine on a raspberry 3 but i need to change the set up in the house.
I have an ISP router with a range of ip like 192.168.1.1 to 110 for instance and if i put the raspberry on this router, i can access the web ui without any problem.

Then i have another router in the house (a TL-WR841N) and using a range from 192.168.0.1 and if i plug the raspberry on this router i can’t acces to web ui on the new IP.
I can ping it or connect it by ftp but can’t access to web ui even if i connect my pc on the same network.

Any idea where is the issue ?

thanks

How are your routers connected to internet and/or between each other? Too little inforation to siuggest something…

thanks for your answer.

Basically, the 1st router is connected to the internet and manage the network in the 192.168.1.XXX range, the 2nd one is connected from is WAN port to the 1st one through CPL/Ethernet wires and manage the network in the 192.168.0.XXX range.

But internet is even not the problem so far as i’m trying to open the web ui locally in the networks.
If the raspberry is in the 192.168.1.XXX network, i can access to it from both network.
If the raspberry is in the 192.168.0.XXX network, i can ping it or open a ftp session on it but can’t open the web ui.

Hm… so as I understand second router is connected on LAN side of the first one. Means that the first router should have static routing enabled to redirect all traffic going to 192.168.0.xxx to IP address of second one.
In details- in setup you if RPi is connected to first router you can access it from both networks, because for 1.xxx it is the same subnet and for 0.xxx second router does NAT to 1.xxx and it takes care of routing automatically.
The other way around is more tricky, because the first router thinks that 0.xxx subnet (not being configured for it as local subnet) is on internet, so redirect all request to its WAN port… from where obviously is not receiving any response.
So to make it work static routing need to be enabled on first router to tell it that all trafic going to 0.xxx network shoud be redirected to WAN IP of second router (that IP should be also on 1.xxx). How to configure it depends on router you have…
This is theory… what I’m curious about is how is it configured at the moment, so the ping and ftp works? If this would be clear situation as I described above also this shoul dnot work :open_mouth:

so as I understand second router is connected on LAN side of the first one. Means that the first router should have static routing enabled to redirect all traffic going to 192.168.0.xxx to IP address of second one.

This is correct , already set a static IP for the 2nd Router.

And now, playing with the NAT rules of the second router, i can acces to the WEB UI !
Need to set up now xiaomi and others devices on the new location of the RPi… and then to be able to reach it also from internet.

Thanks for your help :wink:

Hi,
i have same some what setup. i wanted all my smart devices to be on one router without external connection (no internet). i’m running my HA on a laptop with docker. Both network dont talk to each other, but HA does. If im connected to 192.168.1.1, i cant reach 192.168.2.100 or vise versa. But both connections do work triggering lights on two different network by using either 192.168.1.100 or 192.168.2.100 or HTTPS://from_outside_world. Outside world using 192.168.1.100 connection.
i hope above make since :slight_smile: