WebAuth FIDO2 MFA Authentication

Hey guys

I recently bought a yubico security key and now I’m searching for use cases. How about integration of WebAuth into home-assistant?

Some general information on FIDO2:

Here is a python library:

I don’t know much about how the auth provides in HA work. The last time I checked that part of the code, it was based on the what is now called legacy password. How much work would this be? I’m not a security guy but could it be an evening project for me?

10 Likes

Please!!! I would really love this feature. @frenck Can you implement U2F keys?

1 Like

This would be great to have as possibly a module with a hard requirement of Let’s Encrypt (or other TLS solution) as FIDO2 requires HTTPS (https://fidoalliance.org/developers/).

1 Like

Could this be edited to feature request?

1 Like

I actually should pick up on this, I already hat some prototype, but I never quite got it to work. Maybe I have the will to give this a second try soon, as I just lost my job and hove some time at hand xD

I hate to ask, but did anything happen?! :grin:

I’m just looking to expose my HA to the internet and wondering about how others do it securely. Currently looking at CloudFlare Argo tunnel/Pomerium/X!

Logging into HA is different than exposing it to the internet. The built-in auth system (and built-in 2fa) should be secure enough.

No, I didn’t do shit …

1 Like

Well, it’s kinda one and the same if you are trying to do BeyondCorp. But yes, I get your point

Being able to add the auth through something like Pomerium would be beneficial

I would like to help could you publish your existing code on github?