Weber iGrill 2 integration with Lovelace UI

I use raspian on a pi 3. I think there are options to purchase with a pre-loaded sd card. Using NOOBS is fairly easy to do yourself. https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/noobs/

Yeah thanks, I loaded Raspian on a new PI it was fairly simple. I am soooooo excited, as of 10 minutes ago, I got this working! I would like to thank the original author of the github iGrill code, Bendik Wang Andreassen. Also many thanks to Stogs(Scott) and other contributors to the thread here which helped immensely. It took a bit of tinkering and analysis of log files to get things. Now I just have to get the monitor.py working as a service.
Hassio Igrill

I am running Hassio vm on an unraid server. I have been able to connect a rf bridge via usb. Can I use a bluetooth adapter for this integration or is raspberry pi a must?

You just need something outside of HA that can run the python code referenced in the first post. I use a bluetooth adapter on my PI to make the connection to the igrill.

@bwelle, would you mind writing some scratch note on the step by step? if you have time? I am trying to do the Raspbian route as I couldnā€™t figure out the VM route. I got the same error as the bluepy install stage as pointed here.

Does the raspberri pi also (the one that has the igrill connected to it) have to have hassio installed as well?

no, you do not need to have Hassio installed on the device connecting to the igrill

1 Like

@stogs, thank you for the reply. I have done to the point where I installed all the prerequisites from the requirements.txt and done the scan with hcitool lescan. But where do I put the igril2 device.yaml? is that in the vm that is running the Hassio?

I am not sure but do I just go into the exampleconfig folder and edit the two files? I did the following:

192.168.1.120 is my vm running Hassio.

But when I run the ./monitor.py I get the following error.

Try pulling those 2 config files (device.yaml and mqtt.yaml) up a level to the same directory monitor.py is currently and try running againā€¦Take them out of the exampleconfig directory

Thank you. I did that. seems to be runningā€¦I thinkā€¦the igrill bluetooth indicator was solid for a couple of seconds but then went back to blinking.

hmmm, try turning the igrill off and back on while the monitor job is running

Thank youā€¦I restarted both and seems like it has been solid for a bit now. But it is not showing up in Home Assistant.

This is what I have in the mqtt.yaml

My moquitto broker is set for annonymous access.

device.yaml is this:

Am I doing anything wrong?

In Hassio logs, I see the following:

1578609884: New connection from 192.168.1.20 on port 1883.
1578609884: Socket error on client , disconnecting.
1578609929: New connection from 192.168.1.20 on port 1883.
1578609929: Socket error on client , disconnecting.

192.168.1.20 is the pi the igrill is connected to.

What does the config look like for your mqtt broker on hassio, one thing i have seen before is that the client from hassio itself maybe stepping on the client from the igrill. I run mosquitto as a service outside of HA with anonymous allowed. If you can set hassio broker to allow anonymous try that and comment out the auth and username in the mqtt.yaml

Not sure why the broker is dropping the connection. You may want to try sending thru some mqtt commands from the command line on the igrill server and see if you get more info

this is beyond meā€¦can you please point me to what command i can send? also do you think adding login username and password to mqtt would help?

@stogs, some progress I believeā€¦I set username and password in my mqtt broker and now i am getting the following:

However, I still donā€™t see the sensors in Hassioā€¦is there additional config I have to do there? I donā€™t see the probe in the entities or the mqtt devices.

also why is it disconnecting at the end?>

Up higher in the thread you will see the stuff that needs to be added to the configuration.yaml to define the sensors in HA.

When you said you added a user, did you add that user and password to your mqtt.yaml for the igrill and to the hassio broker config as logins?