Webostv component not discovering livetv and hdmi2 sources

I have an LG 75SM8670PUA and the webostv component. Pairing works fine but the sources that are discovered do not have livetv or hdmi2. There are a bunch of other sources that show up like other hdmi ports and other apps just not livetv or hdmi2. Anyone seen this before or have any ideas? I’ve already tried to remove the conf file and reconfigure and same sources with discovered.

I had to manually add them in the config file. Under sources.

Change the input manually on the TV. Check the developer tools > states. And the source attribute for the TV. Manually enter these sources back into the config file.

Thanks and good idea to check for the source, but doesnt seem to have worked.
Something doesnt appear to be picking up the source properly or the tv isnt reporting it as expected.
When on live Tv which is just ota antenna for me i get this in the states

volume_level: 0
is_volume_muted: false
media_content_type: channel
media_title: WKYC-HD
source_list:
  - AV
  - Amazon Prime Video
  - Disney+
  - FandangoNOW
  - Gallery
  - Google Play Movies & TV
  - HDMI 1
  - HDMI 3
  - HDMI 4
  - Hulu
  - LG Channels
  - LG Content Store
  - Music
  - Mustache Drinking Game Trial
  - Netflix
  - Onkyo
  - Photo & Video
  - Sling TV
  - Web Browser
  - YouTube
friendly_name: goliath
supported_features: 20413

When I go to another source that is valid in the list I do actually have a “source”

volume_level: 0
is_volume_muted: false
media_content_type: channel
source: Amazon Prime Video
source_list:
  - AV
  - Amazon Prime Video
  - Disney+
  - FandangoNOW
  - Gallery
  - Google Play Movies & TV
  - HDMI 1
  - HDMI 3
  - HDMI 4
  - Hulu
  - LG Channels
  - LG Content Store
  - Music
  - Mustache Drinking Game Trial
  - Netflix
  - Onkyo
  - Photo & Video
  - Sling TV
  - Web Browser
  - YouTube
friendly_name: goliath
entity_picture: >-
  /api/media_player_proxy/media_player.goliath?token=xxxx
supported_features: 20413

under media player I have this, nothing too crazy i think

media_player:
  - platform: ps4
    host: xxxxxx
  - platform: webostv
    host: xxxx
    name: goliath
    timeout: 5
    turn_on_action:
      service: wake_on_lan.send_magic_packet
      data:
        mac: xxxxx

when i add customize and sources in config to have livetv and hdmi2 only the ones that actually show in the source_list actually show up after a reload of config

Upon searching, I also have this issue, was it ever solved?

No, there was a recent webos update though… unfortunately my VM host that my home assistant was running on has crashed so I’ve not been able to see if the webOS update has fixed anything yet. From what i can tell from the code in the home assistant component it queries the device for available sources, however I’m not fully familiar with that code so I may be mistaken.

fixed my vm host… went to upgrade got to 103 but now i need to upgrade my python vdev… will report back when that happens.
on 103 still not seeing the proper sources

finally got my venv updated to python3.7, updated to latest home assistant ( 0.105.5) and now webostv is its own component, not under just media_player. had to adjust configuration a bit and now it shows live tv. hooray. hdmi2 i found had been renamed to my receiver ‘Onkyo’
in my config now

webostv:
  - host: 6.13.0.105
    name: goliath
    turn_on_action:
      service: wake_on_lan.send_magic_packet

no longer under media_player, still have it under notify too. i removed the timeout and data: mac: under the turn on action
not sure if its needed but i removed the pair file and had to re-pair with the tv