Websocket startup time issue when doing a deploy in node red

Do you always have this message or just after deploying nodes or starting something?
In my situation, I can have this message just after redeploying (less than 1 second) changes in nodered.
If you always have it it means that your connection is somehow not working between HA and NR. I saw some messages in the forum about this issue. Try removing / re-installing nodered…
BTW, nodered is not installed via HACS… just a small extension to improve communication between the two is in HACS. But Frenck’s addon is with the supervisor (I am assuming you are using hassio).
GV

Thanks for replying back so quickly my friend. I get this message the instant I hit “Deploy” as BigTimer is trying to poll the state of a lamp.
I have restarted Node-Red.
Restarted HA.
Re-installed Node-Red from HACS.
Restarted the Synology DSM to restart Docker.
Honestly at a loss as to where to go from here. The forums seems to have similar postings but nobody ever seems to post a solution to any of them and mark them as solved, unless it’s a noted bug. I realize this is totally my lack of experience with programming etc.
Thanks again.

Some confusion here, if I may.
“BigTimer is trying to poll”: No. Big Timer is not polling anything. Some other nodes maybe.
“Re-installed Node-Red from HACS.” No. Nodered is an addon that is installed through addon store. Not hacs.
I am assuming these are just the wrong words for the correct setup though…

If you wait a bit of time, do you have at least one flow with some HA state change (eg Trigger or Call service) that works ?

GV

Thank you for replying GV. My vernacular and term usage is incorrect so I apologize.
I am a noob and now feel like I need to keep the training wheels on.
I have managed to fix the problem.
I had multiple servers listed as I was trying different IP addresses/vs hassio.local/ vs. direct connection.
Finally the direct connection one worked, but nodes that referenced entities with the “old” server would give me the error Call-Service attempted without connection to server even after I changed it to the same parameter as the details for the working server.
The only way I can get it to work properly now, since I cannot figure out how to delete old server listings, is to take entities I already have that are working and copy and paste them and change the entity before deploying. That woks fine now.
Thank you again so much.
All the best.

@joebetsill

Thx for your response and the solution to this.

The only thing I want to know can disable this option cuasing some problems?
I really want to know why this option is enabled by default. There must be a good reason for it right?

I am running my Home assistant on a Virtual Machine on Synology if that is important for your answer to this.

Did you manage to solve this issue?
My impression so far is that I turn on the “delay connection attempts” setting, the call service initiated by BigTimer when deploying allways shows this error.
When I turn off the “delay connection attempts” setting, it only sometimes gives this error.

For now I’ve implemented a solution that catches the error, and after a 5 second delay retries the call service. That solves the issue for me, but it’s clearly clearly not a good solution.

Thank you!
The half night spent on “Call-Service attempted without connection to server.” without clue where I’m doing wrong.
A solution is so easy -

Thanks a lot.
After yesterday’s update (10.4.0) I’ve starting encounter this issue.
I just unchecked “Delay connection attempts” and it worked :slight_smile: