Websocket startup time issue when doing a deploy in node red

Hi
I while a go I started to get connection problems when deploying a new flow in node red, see below. Any one got an idea what it may depend on?
Is there any way I can delay the service calls for 5 second when doing a deploy?

Im running node red on a raspberry pie 3 (b+) with Hassio.
Hassio 0.86.4
Node red 1.3.0

//Johan

7 Feb 22:09:40 - [info] Stopping flows
7 Feb 22:09:40 - [info] [server:Home Assistant] Closing WebSocket http://hassio/homeassistant
7 Feb 22:09:40 - [info] Stopped flows
7 Feb 22:09:40 - [info] Starting flows
7 Feb 22:09:40 - [info] Started flows
7 Feb 22:09:41 - [warn] [api-call-service:Turn on Stars] Call-Service attempted without connection to server.
7 Feb 22:09:41 - [warn] [api-call-service:Turn on Julbelysning framsida] Call-Service attempted without connection to server.
7 Feb 22:09:41 - [warn] [api-call-service:Turn on Fontän] Call-Service attempted without connection to server.
7 Feb 22:09:41 - [warn] [api-call-service:Turn On Vardagsrum] Call-Service attempted without connection to server.
7 Feb 22:09:41 - [warn] [api-call-service:Guldlampa pĂĄ] Call-Service attempted without connection to server.
7 Feb 22:09:41 - [warn] [api-call-service:Fönsterlamp kök] Call-Service attempted without connection to server.
7 Feb 22:09:41 - [warn] [api-call-service:Fönsterlamp Vardagsrum] Call-Service attempted without connection to server.
7 Feb 22:09:41 - [warn] [api-call-service:Turn On Växtlampa tvättstuga] Call-Service attempted without connection to server.
7 Feb 22:09:41 - [warn] [api-call-service:Turn Off Växtlampa förråd] Call-Service attempted without connection to server.
7 Feb 22:09:41 - [warn] [api-call-service:Turn Off Motorvärmare] Call-Service attempted without connection to server.
7 Feb 22:09:45 - [info] [server:Home Assistant] WebSocket Connected to http://hassio/homeassistant

I’m having the same problem. Any hints on how to solve this would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

This is probably a side effect of me fixing this. I put a 5 second delay on reconnecting when you’re using hass.io.

What is initiating your flows that call the call-service node?

1 Like

The “Light scheduler” is the node initiating the flows directly at a deploy.

I’m getting the same anytime I’m using BigTimer.

Any update regarding this. Still encountering this on Hass.io .88.1 & NodeRed 1.3.3

In version 0.8.0 there is now an option to enable/disable the 5 second connection delay in the server config for hass.io users.

Thanks @Kermit
Update for anyone else who may encounter this issue. Corrected with the following steps.

1. Node-Red config in Hass.io add the following “npm_packages”: [“[email protected]” ],
  2. Restart Node-Red
  3. In Node-Red open the configuration nodes and double click on the Home Assistant server node.
  4. Uncheck “Delay Connection attempts”
  5. Re-deploy flows
4 Likes

You shouldn’t need to use npm_packages as @frenck has already updated the hass.io addon to include this latest release.

2 Likes

Ok thanks. Yeah it was not updated in mine and wouldn’t update for me when managing packages. Might just be error on my side.

Now everything is working as normal after the last update.
Thanks @Kermit & @frenck.

1 Like

Hi Everyone

I am getting the same error with big timer and light scheduler. I am on Hassio version 0.89.1 and node red version 2.0.2

Is there a file i need to change the server connection delay or what is the fix?

thank you for the help

• Click on any node.
  • Click on the edit button next to the “Server” field
  • Uncheck “Delay connection attempts”
3 Likes

Perfect ! thank you for the help, that worked!

Thanks @joebetsill , that worked for me as well.

Thanks, has same issue and this fixed it

had the same issue, fixed it, thanks!

Hi!
I have this issue.
I’m using the docker version on raspbian.

I get the error:
“Call-service API error. Error Message: Service not found.”

my config is as follows:

{
  "credential_secret": "setarememberablepasswordhere",
  "dark_mode": false,
  "http_node": {
    "username": "",
    "password": ""
  },
  "http_static": {
    "username": "",
    "password": ""
  },
  "ssl": true,
  "certfile": "fullchain.pem",
  "keyfile": "privkey.pem",
  "require_ssl": true,
  "system_packages": [],
  "npm_packages": [],
  "init_commands": []
}

also, if need be, im using the following flow:

[{"id":"400e2f26.d7bb9","type":"sunrise","z":"f6747993.c9b448","name":"","lat":"-37.813630","lon":"144.9977","start":"sunrise","end":"dusk","x":170,"y":1280,"wires":[["db67ec3.d54731"],[]]},{"id":"2cc91956.57b696","type":"api-call-service","z":"f6747993.c9b448","name":"Set","server":"9a5aae17.6700c","service_domain":"input_number","service":"set_value","data":"{\"entity_id\":\"input_number.nighttime\"}","mergecontext":"","output_location":"","output_location_type":"none","x":530,"y":1280,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"db67ec3.d54731","type":"change","z":"f6747993.c9b448","name":"","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"payload","pt":"msg","to":"{\t    \"data\": {\t        \"value\":\t            (payload = 1 ? 0 : 1)\t    }\t}","tot":"jsonata"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":360,"y":1280,"wires":[["2cc91956.57b696"]]},{"id":"9a5aae17.6700c","type":"server","z":"","name":"Home Assistant","legacy":false,"hassio":true,"rejectUnauthorizedCerts":true,"ha_boolean":"y|yes|true|on|home|open","connectionDelay":false}]

Same error here… Need some help!

Hi folks,
Can someone please help with the error “Call-Service attempted without connection to server?”
I have been searching Google for days and looking in the HA, Node-Red and GitHub forums, which takes this noob down so many rabbit holes without any solutions, I am ready to give up. Especially after doing manual installations of Home Assistant and Node-Red on Ubuntu 64 and trying to get those to connect.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?
Running Home Assistant 0.108.6 in Docker on Synology NAS.
HUGE thanks to Jeremy for creating the installation package that gets hass.io working in Docker on Synology.

• Installed Node-Red v.1.0.5 as an add-on in the HACS Store.
  • Have chosen “I use the Home Assistant Add-on” in the Server option.
  • I do have all the dependents installed in the Palette, including “node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket.”
  • “Delay Connection Attemps” is unchecked.
  • I have both ssl values set to false in the node-red config file.

I know the connection is working as it is correctly auto-filling the right entities when I enter the start of the entity.
I am just trying to get the simplest node running to start and just cannot get anything working.
Anyone have any ideas? So many thanks to all the people who selflessly help and have created these awesome and powerful components. :pray: @frenck