Weird behaviour: Bulb not turning on via automation

Hi!

I have a very weird behaviour I can’t explain myself and hope somebody can help me finding out what is happening.

I have a bulb (MLI ZBT-ColorTemperature / tint) that worked perfectly well with IKEA’s 5 button TRADFRI remote control and epmatt’s automation in ZHA.

A few days ago, the on button suddenly stopped working. The bulb is not turning, BUT in Home Assistant’s GUI, I can see the bulb entity receives a signal as in the graphical switch is “turned on” (see below) - but the physical device is not. But when I manually turn the switch on in the GUI the physical device turns on instantly! And the off button of the automation also works without problems.

grafik

So, all of the four following facts are true:

• The automation triggers the bulb entity to turn on
  • I can manually turn the bulb on via GUI, it lights up instantly
  • If triggered by the automation, the bulb is not turning on
  • The automation’s off button works flawlessly

What can cause this kind of behaviour? Thanks!

Anything in your log?
When you turn on on your automation, are you using some extra parameter (brightness, transition time, etc) which could be breaking the command?
Could you share the automation part where the light.turn_on is called?

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your help. No, there is nothing strange in the log if I compare it to the same automation I have with the same remote control for another bulb.

Not sure if you are familiar with how the mentioned automation works, but I had to setup a Controller automation alongside a Hook automation and I had to setup an Input Text Integration.

Anyway, here is the part I think you asked for:

toggle: '{{ controller_mapping[controller_model_id]["toggle"] | default(None) }}'
  turn_on: '{{ controller_mapping[controller_model_id]["turn_on"] | default(None) }}'
  turn_off: '{{ controller_mapping[controller_model_id]["turn_off"] | default(None) }}'

What is also weird that if I turn the light on and off manually via GUI turning it on works exactly once with the remote controller aftwerwards - but not a second time.

Edit: I reconfigured the bulb in the device settings by simply clicking the corresponding button (didn’t know about this option) and now it seems to work as before! Hope it stays that way. Still interested in an explanation what happened here