Weird input_select error in log

Just noticed these errors in my log:

2018-12-22 17:19:01 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1098, in async_call
    raise ServiceNotFound(domain, service) from None
homeassistant.exceptions.ServiceNotFound: (ServiceNotFound(...), 'Service input_select.turn_off not found')
2018-12-22 17:19:21 WARNING (MainThread) [aiohttp.websocket] websocket connection is closing.
2018-12-22 17:24:27 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/core.py", line 1098, in async_call
    raise ServiceNotFound(domain, service) from None
homeassistant.exceptions.ServiceNotFound: (ServiceNotFound(...), 'Service input_select.turn_off not found')

I have scoured my YAMl from top to bottom. Nowhere do I try to call input_select.turn_off

There is something seriously screwy with the input_select code. Also see this: Input Select bug? HA mixes up values at startup

Do you have any groups that contain input_selects? If so, you will get this when the group is switched on/off.

1 Like

That’s that mystery solved then. Ta.

I do have an all lounge lights group. I could put that in and hide the card control.

1 Like