Weird media_player issue

Hello,

since a few weeks I’m facing a really weird issue with home assistant. I have a Google Home Mini on which I always play music and control it using Home Assistant. But now whenever I click the button “Next song” or call the service media_player.media_next_track it actually doesn’t play the next track but it jumps to the end of the current song (about five seconds away from the end of the current song, so if a song lasts 4 minutes it jumps to about 3:55 but dosn’t really skip this song).

Any clue on what is going on? Not a big deal for sure, however quite confusing to me.
Hope I was clear enough and sorry for my bad english.

Benedev

This has always been the case, you maybe just didn’t notice it before.

It’s something like that the chromecast dependency doesn’t actually have a ‘next track’ so they have to cheat by making the next track button skip to the end of the current one.

Are you sure about that? I was pretty sure it didn’t happen before… But even if so, is there a way to at least change it at least to 1 second before the end of the current song? Because the way it is right now it’s really annoying.

Completely sure :slight_smile:

I don’t know about the second bit, but I would’ve thought that if it were possible that’s what they would have done. I presume they have to skip in 5 second blocks, so either sometimes it’s 5, 4, 3, 2, or 1, or they have to calculate to the end and skip 5 seconds back. Like I say, I don’t know, all just guessing, but it’s definitely like that for a ‘good’ reason.