Welcome Home TTS / Away heating / Away lighting

Good Morning

Setting Away Heating
I’ve got a group that tracks our phones using life360, and I’d like to set my heating to the “away” temperature when we are not at home for an hour, I’ve got a group that we are all in.

Welcome Home TTS
I have a door switch, ideally, I’d like to set up an automation that welcomes each person home with a personalised message when they get home after being away from home for more than an hour. if possible I’d also like to string them, so if more than one person comes home it would say welcome home mum, dad, child 1, child 2, child 3 etc.

Porch Light
ALSO, I’d like to set up my porch light so that it comes on at sunset and stays on until we are all home, or until the front door is opened (as it means someone has knocked on the door)

I’m not sure where to even start with this, all of my current automation are in home assistant via yaml configuration, I do have node red setup, but I’ve no idea how I would even begin to figure out the flow

My group look like below…

I have written this

Needs Appdaemon

Thanks Lone baggie,

I’ve got TTS working with alexa for when my children leave school, and when they get home it announces it in my office (at work).
I’m just not sure how to “flow” the automation to achieve what I’m after.

Hello karlldonteljames, Can you please share with me the script you used in you automations.yaml file to enable the presence to work to Alexa TTS.

I have presence set up and working, I have alexa TTS set up and working but I cant get the trigger to action an output.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Hi @BigRob

I’m moving all of my notifications into nodered at the moment, and i plan to put a video on youtube about my setup, but from my backup i’ve just pulled this:

- id: '1542112617080'
  alias: Karl left work
  trigger:
  - entity_id: device_tracker.dad
    platform: state
  action:
  - data:
      entity_id: media_player.living_room
      message: Dad has left work. Traffic depending, he'll be home soon.
    service: media_player.alexa_tts

This checks the device tracker (in this case life360) and when the device reports a change from “work” to anything else it will call the TTS event. Let me know if that helps.

I have one on my front door as well in case the door was opened for any reason between 23:30 and 06:00. Again, I’ve moved this to nodered too.

- id: '1538484221811'
  alias: Front door opened at night
  trigger:
  - entity_id: binary_sensor.switch_frontdoor
    platform: state
    to: 'on'
  condition:
  - after: '23:30'
    before: 06:00
    condition: time
  action:
  - data:
      entity_id: media_player.bedroom
      message: ALERT!......ALERT!...... The frontdoor has been opened...ALERT!......ALERT!......
        The frontdoor has been opened...
    service: media_player.alexa_tts