Wemos D1 Mini With 2 DHT22 Sensors

I am getting information on whether this will work. I am planning to purchase the Wemos D1 Mini and installing 2 DHT22 sensors on the same board. One of the sensors will be about 2 meters away from the board. My power supply is a spare iphone charger I have laying around.

It should work fine :wink: D1 Mini and 2 DHT22 sensors should be well powered by a regular USB charger ! You’ll notice quickly if it doesn’t give enough power (random reboots, lost of communication, sensors disappearing…)

I got it working. I found a bit of info on the web stating that one wemos d1 mini can have up to 9 DHT sensors. Good to know for future projects.

With this setup, the 2nd sensor that is 2 meters away from the wemos using the iphone charger isn’t powerful enough. Distance is too far, the closer one works. I know use a wall mount power adapter with 2 usb ports. Works great.

Hey, is your readings stable with the DHT22 and D1 Mini? I just setup the same, 1 DHT22 with a 4.7k resistor between + and data, but it doesn’t provide any readings unless I set it as a DHT11, regardless of which pin it’s connected to, and the variance of pin name, i.e. D2, GPIO4, etc…

sensor:
  - platform: dht
    pin: GPIO4
    model: DHT11

Regardless of which DHT model you input in the config file, you should get some sort of readings. However, you should input the correct model for a more accurate reading.
I suspect the resistor you are using maybe the cause. It is suggested to use a 10k resistor. I didn’t have to solder one on because the sensor I’ve got has a pcb with the resistor already included.
Try adding model: AM2302

1 Like

I tried all variations per the docs, yours looks very similar to the ones i got.

I tried all variations per the docs, yours looks very similar to the ones i got.

Then that is your problem. Take out the resistor your solder on. Don’t need it.

Tried bot ways, just came across this.

Did your purchase came in a pair? If so, try the other one. Maybe the 1st is a fluke.

There is also DHT22_TYPE2 in dev release

How to tell if you got the TYPE2? I got 4 DHT22 and each pair was purchased from 2 different vendors. Glad all worked.

just changed to DHT22_TYPE2, seems to be working now, tx.

Ah, I see. Change the model to model: DHT22_TYPE2

5PK from Amazing, all reads the same, just changed to DHT22_TYPE2, seems to be working now, tx.

:man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:
Been fighting this for the past few hours.

Can you offer any help with Measuring VCC?, I have it configured and it shows in the log but doesn’t show up in HASS, but all other sensors do.

Config

- platform: adc
    pin: VCC
    name: "Multi Test Voltage"
    update_interval: 60s
    icon: "mdi:battery"

Esphome LOG
[21:51:45][D][adc:056]: ‘Multi Test Voltage’: Got voltage=2.89V
[21:51:45][D][sensor:092]: ‘Multi Test Voltage’: Sending state 2.88867 V with 2 decimals of accuracy

Sensors in HASS