What am I doing wrong here?

Probably something I’m missing and a very easy fix. Using hassio how do I get everything that is in homekit to show up in hassio. There are things I’d like to control that are in homekit that I would like to use. I have some VOCOlinc L2 bulbs that I’d like to do some automation with that I can’t do with homekit’s automation. Below is my configuration.yaml

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

frontend:
  themes: !include themes.yaml

homekit:
    name: ha bridge
    port: 51826
    auto_start: true

discovery:
  ignore:
    - roku
  enable:
    - homekit

tts:
  - platform: google_translate

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
secret: !include secrets.yaml

hacs:
  token: !secret hacs_key
  theme: true
  python_script: true
  appdaemon: true

alexa_media:
  accounts:
    - email: !secret amazon_user
      password: !secret amazon_password
      url: amazon.com

sensor:
  - platform: nws_alerts
    zone_id: 'TXZ213, TXC201'
  - platform: feedparser
    name: NWS Alert RSS Feed
    feed_url: 'https://alerts.weather.gov/cap/wwaatmget.php?x=TXZ213&y=0'
    date_format: '%a, %b %d %I:%M %p'
    inclusions:
      - title
      - summary
      - cap_expires
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      nws_alerts_are_active:
        friendly_name: NWS Alerts Are Active
        entity_id: sensor.nws_alerts
        value_template: >
          {% if states.sensor.nws_alerts.state | int > 0 %}
            on
          {% else %}
            off
          {% endif %}
  1. The HomeKit integration is for making all of Home Assistant’s entities appear as Homekit accessories.

2. The HomeKit Controller integration is for making Homekit accessories accessible to Home Assistant.

If you want “everything that is in HomeKit to show up in hassio” then you want to use the HomeKit Controller integration.

Based on my configuration.yaml above what am I doing wrong?

According to the documentation for the HomeKit Controller integration, it will automatically detect your HomeKit accessories (assuming they and Home Assistant are on the same network).

For each detected HomeKit accessory, a configuration prompt will appear in the web front end. Use this to provide the HomeKit PIN. Note that HomeKit accessories can only be paired to one device at once. If your device is currently paired with Siri, you will need to reset it in order to pair it with Home Assistant. Once Home Assistant is configured to work with the device, you can export it back to Siri with the HomeKit integration.

Thanks. I guess i’m not able to do what I was wanting as the only time the device shows up in the integrations is when i’m in the process of pairing it to siri and at that point it’s too late.

I don’t have an Apple device. But I’m pretty sure you can only pair it to Home Assistant OR Siri. Not both.

I think what people do is pair the device to home assistant. Then let home assistant expose everything via homekit and pair Siri with home assistant.

It’s right there in the docs:

For each detected HomeKit accessory, a configuration prompt will appear in the web front end. Use this to provide the HomeKit PIN. Note that HomeKit accessories can only be paired to one device at once. If your device is currently paired with Siri, you will need to reset it in order to pair it with Home Assistant. Once Home Assistant is configured to work with the device, you can export it back to Siri with the HomeKit integration.

I was having a hard time with these since it required homekit to connect it to the network, i finally figured out I could cancel the pairing after it got connected to the network and then pair in home assistant.

Hi, I have the Vocolinc Mistflow humidifier and I am unable to re-add it to Home Assistant after I had to reset it.

When do I cancel the setup and how do I discover then with HA? I’m rebooting HA and adding new Homekit integrations to no avail. Thanks.