What are my options for a HA compatible doorbell

Any luck with the chime on the LaView Halo One?

Just ordered a hikvision doorbell. The only Built in sensor is motion, so no way of directly telling ha that the button has been pressed.
My plan is to use taker on a fire7 tablet (currently used as alarm keypad) to send a message to ha (still trying to figure out / decide via mqtt or direct via a long life token)
I’m also planning on plugging the video feed to tensorflow to get early notification of people approaching the doorbell
I’ll post an update one set up if anyone is interested

1 Like

Would also like to know this. Hoping we can setup a binary sensor for the button press.

I just bought a Ezviz DB1, basically the same as the LaView.
So far the onvif part works great.
Still haven’t figured out a way to make it show in HASS when someone is ringing.
Normal app is working but I don’t like it, I’d like everything to be local and not in the cloud.

Hikvision component doesn’t work for me, tried that.

1 Like

Any luck with the Hikvision on HA and motion sensor?

Are you using Generic IP cam integration with it? if so, what is the address of the video feed and snapshot feed?

Yes and no.
You can’t use the hikvision integration to retrieve the motion status as a sensor.

So for now this is my setup:

1. Hik-Connect app for notification of doorbell pressed
  2. Video feed picked up by motion with motion detection set to bottom part of video Triggering mqtt post
  3. Tensorflow triggered by mqtt motion message to recognise a person so notifications are only sent when a person is detected from motion (as opposed to birds, car lifts, trees, sudden light changes, etc.)

So far all of that works well.
I’m still working through getting a notification outside of the hik-connect app (so that guests would know someone is at the door should I be away)

The bit I’m still working on is using a spare android tablet with tasker to post an mqtt message when the Hik-Connect app opens (meaning doorbell was pressed) I’m almost there I just need to figure out the last bits

The URLs I’m using to pull the video stream are

• Video:
    • rtsp://admin:[ADMIN_PASSWORD]@[IP_OF_THE_DOORBELL]/ch1/sub/av_stream
  • Snapshot:
    • http://admin:[ADMIN_PASSWORD]@[IP_OF_THE_DOORBELL]/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture

Note: you’ll have to connect to the web interface of the doorbell first to set it up / initialise. This is where you can change the default password.

button press “event” is now fully captured.
I wrote “event” in quotes because it’s a bit of a workaround
I’m using a spare android phone with the hic-connect app installed.
I’m using Tasker to pick up when the app is open and send an MQTT message when it’s the case
in HA I use the mqtt message as trigger with condition that there is motion on the doorbell to play a chime sound on my google home minis and take a snapshot of the doorbell
Let me know if you need more details

Planning to buy HiKVision too. I don’t have android device running Tasker. Wouldn’t it work if Xiaomi door sensor was integrated with existing “normal” mechanic doorbell? I would expect there is a notable change in magnetic field once the doorbell is pressed. I think I need to try it out before placing order.

Edit.
No, didn’t start working at least with my doorbell model. Thinking again, probably vibration sensor would work better (with mechanic doorbells).

I also recently bought the ezviz db1. I’m trying to accomplish the same (fully local and detect button presses). Have you had any success?

I don’t have the doorbell yet but I received Xiaomi vibration sernsors and attaching them to my mechanical doorbell triggers now notification to HA. This is probably the easiest way to do it. Before ordering the doorbell, I’ll still wait a bit for Netatmo doorbell release.

1 Like

For those using the DB1 in automation, I have published a new docker image / node package to capture ONVIF events and transmit them over MQTT.
For EzViz and RCA you will have to flash it with Laview firmware to get ONVIF endpoints.
The doorbell only publishes the motion detection, but fails to publish doorbell presses.

Docker: Docker Hub
Github: dmitrif/onvif2mqtt

1 Like

Cool!! Good opportunity to justify the purchase of a vibration sensor :slight_smile:

@dfrakov

Is there another way to do this? Can’t the ONVIF events be seen in HA without the need for a separate node package (to much of a noob to understand how to setup docker and a node package honestly)?
I have a DB1 and I want to be able catch the triggers in HA and seems that this should be possible directly?

Also how much do toy lose or gain by flashing your DB1 with laview firmware? does it still work with the ezviz app?

Thanks

None of the triggers cover the doorbell button. For this I’ve followed the post by @juan11perez:

Works a treat and I don’t miss any doorbell press notification.

So this uses tasker to do all this on your phone, kinda defeats the purpose of having HA right?

If I understand this right when the button is pushed your using tasker to send it to ha to trigger an event. rather not have my phone send it to HA, i’d want it the other way around. I understand that the button is not recognized as a trigger but i dont care about the button push (i already have the ezviz app) I want motion to trigger ha. I’m still learning how to integrate my db1 camera into my config.yaml and whatever prerequisite that takes. mind posting your config?

I use the notification from tasker to HA to trigger a chime so my in laws don’t need a phone to know someone is at the door. I also take a picture of who’s at the door.
Last but not least I use the doorbell as a cctv in combination with tensorflow to detect when a person enters the motion detecting area so i get next to no false negatives

Hi,

I have EKEN V5 video doorbell, has somebody integrated it in HA? I would just like to have video/live stream

1 Like

I couldnt find an all in one solution that worked for me (mainly price wise) so I use:

Using a tapo c100 camera mounted outside at the front door with the above integration, coupled with a cheap doorbell hacked with an ESPhome (happy to provide more detail) for the button and sound. couple this with a couple of automations and bob yer uncle. The motion detection on the camera is used as the trigger to take 2 snaphots, announce (google tts) “Motion at the Front Door” and then cast the stream via HA (nabu casa integration) to my nest hub.

I also use the same integration with 2 tapo c200 cameras at the front and rear of the house with automations that record their streams for 45 seconds on motion detection.

this means I get recordings of the front of the house including the people coming to the door, and 2 snaphots from the door as they approach it, and the live stream on the hub.

The only real issues I have at present are the latency HA adds (about 6-10 seconds for me) and the issues with the streams dropping. I’ve learnt the first is a standards problem and whilst the devs are working to improve things there are factors simply outside their control, and the second they are also working on. and a “ding dong” from the bell as well.

hope that useful. happy to answer any questions.

1 Like

@sinkovcm did you ever get your EKEN V5 doorbell integrated into HA? I am considering a purchase of this.

@Jay_from_NuZiland sorry, but no. Maybe someone else integrate it?