What are the recommended energy monitoring smart plugs for HA?

Sorry mate, can’t help much with sourcing any plugs. My recommendation lies strictly with the ones I purchased, and I’d hesitate to recommend any given the dozens of variants for the plug_1 (check the linked github issue for an idea).

Then again, the model you linked to is a 16A plug, so chances are it’s the same chip.
Personally, I’d buy one and test it out - if it doesn’t work properly, I’d leave it plugged in somewhere as a zigbee router, and maybe connect some non-critical device to it.
Worst case scenario, leave it that way and drop a comment in the issue until it’s fixed.

1 Like

What about these athome plugs, esp home compatible?
They are available with homekit or thasmota. Is it difficult to flash esphome on them?

I currently have about 12 Shelly Plus S’ (WiFi) in use, and have recently bought a couple of Nous A1Z plugs (Zigbee) as (a) these can handle 16A and thus 3680W vs the 2500 W of the Shellies and (b) I’ve started to buy Zigbee gear bit by bit, and the Zigbee smart plugs act as routers.

The Nous plugs have acted very well, and I am currently pondering on selling off the Shellies and replacing them with the Nous’.

TLDR: Both Shelly Plug S (WiFi) and Nous A1Z are good products in my experience.