What integrations for Z-Wave is best

Hi
I have install a new Home Assistant OS and have got ZHA to works very nice with my first Zigbee device.
Now is time for Z-Wave and I wonder what is the best integrations for that?
I like to use one that i simple to add Z-wave devices and connect them to Home Assistant.

I have a Aeotec Z-wave stick Gen5

I run zwavejs2mqtt and it works very well.

2 Likes

Same here. Zwavejs2mqtt with Aeotec gen5+ on RPI4, Very stable and fast.

Yup same ! Nice choice for a former Homey user :wink:

There’s only one integration, and that’s zwave_js. You can then choose to use the official zwave_js addon or zwavejs2mqtt as the server that actually communicates with your dongle. Either works fine, but zwavejs2mqtt has a nice standalone UI that offers more functionality than the zwave_js addon does through HA.

1 Like

Still have my Homey Pro, but only to maintain my apps. Happy HA user now, and no more unstable wifi but solid Ethernet.

I use the same Z-wave stick with the Z-Wave JS add-on without the additional (optional) mqtt. I am very happy with this setup. The visual editor is my best friend to create automations etc. In some cases (if there is no way to use the vE) the file editor add-on is used - to edit the configuration.yaml … - so I write code only in case there is no other option in place :wink:
Add: I have 44 z-wave devices running with HA - very stable. Note: Before you buy new devices: https://devices.zwave-js.io/ . based on my experience: I would not recommend devolo devices.

1 Like