What is the latest on MyQ and Carplay?

I’m new to HomeAssistant (after a multweek struggle getting it installed on a Pi3 (failed due to insufficient resources) and now on an old Acer 1 micro notebook (took days to get HAOS boot working.)

All this was because I read an article (which I can no longer find) about being able to operate myQ through Carplay.

I understand MyQ changed some things last year regarding integrations.

Does anyone have a straightforward description of what is needed to get myQ to control my door through carplay? I’m in a confusing loop of Home Assistant, HomeKit, IFTTT, myQ, etc. I’ve been doing home automation for years with Smartthings, but this world is all new to me.

Currently I have HA running but not recognizing MyQ, IFTTT running and [I think] recognizing MyQ, homekit existing and devices connected to it. But no idea how to stitch the pieces together to control my door form my car using carplay - is it even still possible?

Thanks for any guidance. feeling frustrated.

Dave

do you have a myq subscription? if your goal is to find a way to use myq through some means other than their app and without a subscription, I think you will end up disappointed. so far they’re blocking all such attempts.

If your goal is to automate your door, I would suggest you look into ratgdo. they have done an excellent job and it bypasses myq.

sorry to hear of your struggles with getting ha set up. hopefully you are all set there now, but if there are issues, lots of us here are happy to help.

I have a myQ ACCOUNT, but not sure about subscription. these are the only subscriptions I see available:

my goal is to control the door from carplay without additional door control hardware, using MyQ. I will look into ratgdo. Seems like it needs yet more hardware, which I’m trying to avoid.

I believe I have a HAOS folly operational on my old Acer Aspire 1. getting it to boot was the biggest struggle due to quirks of the acer bios.

Thanks!

Ratgdo is additional hardware… so if your goal is to avoid that, that’s not it.

if your goal is just to run carplay to myq, I’m not sure why you are fiddling with home assistant. Myq has intentionally blocked working with home assistant.

I don’t know about car play working with myq, a quick search indicates others are unable to get that to work either…

So I’ve actually had some success, but also hit a wall that I’m hoping is not brick.

I can now CLOSE my door using HA Mobile->HA Cloud->IFTTT->myQ.

Unfortunately, there appears to be no support in IFTTT for OPENING the door. I assume this is due to liability concerns.

Does anyone know if there is a webhook or other command I can send to myQ from IFTTT and/or Home Advisor to OPEN a door?

Thanks!

Dave