What kind of ceiling lamp RF remote is this and how can I integrate it?

Hi!
I’m struggling to find a way to integrate our new ceiling lamp into HA.
It’s this:

The remote says “2.4G RF” so I’m trusting and trying to integrate it as a 2.4GHz remote, but to no avail.
I’ve tried with NRF24L01 modules in an Arduino RFLink (I already had it working to control a somfy shade via RTS and added the NRF24L01) and in an ESP8266 with this milight hub: GitHub - sidoh/esp8266_milight_hub: Replacement for a Milight/LimitlessLED hub hosted on an ESP8266 but I have never read a single command, neither from the remote, nor from the lamp (it supposedly is open to pairing after powering it on).

I have even ordered some more NRF24L01 modules to make sure the first one was not faulty, but results don’t change… I’m running out of ideas… any help would be welcome. :slight_smile:

Hey, @mediocaballero ,
Did you find a way to integrate this into HA? I have a very similar ceiling lamp, and also came with a veeery similar remote.

Thanks!

I’m in the same boat, it’s a nice light, but making it smart would be awesome :frowning:

I didn’t have any luck… tried other setups with the nrf and esp boards, but I was never able to get a command from the remote read, much less replicate it :confused:

Any suggestion or idea is welcome!

Pull apart the remote, or the light, or both and see what ICs/modules are inside.

Get a software defined radio (SDR) and sniff the signal that goes over the air.

Neither of the above are likely to give you a drop in solution, but they are the first steps to figuring out how a completely unknown radio works.