"What OS is HassOS based on" or "HassOS and Qnetdevice?"

Dear forum,

I’ve noticed the posts lately about Home assistant supervised being dropped as supported and I’ve seen and worked with HassOS as I installed it at my parents’ place. So I’ve been seriously considering moving over.

From what I remember I installed Raspbian lite on a raspberry pi 4 about a year ago with docker and used a convenience script to install HassIO. Since I bought and installed my pi in the first week it was out, there was no other option available than this one. But I would like to move to HassOS now

However, there is one thing preventing me from this. I’m also running a 2 node proxmox cluster at home and to solve quorum ties in case of 1 node being down I needed a Quorum device. My HassIO pi was perfect for this as it’s already on 24/7 for running HassIO. However, when moving to HassOS this will become a problem. There is a solution in the form of the Qnetdevice docker image, however, setting it up is a lot more hassle as corosync expects regular ssh access and a certain folder structure.

Moreover, at this moment my pi is still running from a, not regularly backed up, sd card. This makes me nervous. In the future I hoped to solve this by running my pi from a ssd, maybe on zfs or something else and send snapshots to my nas for backup.

Therefore I tried researching what OS HassOS is based on to see what my options were, however I don’t seem to be able to find anything else than “Read only filesystem” which makes me think it’s impossible to install something locally.

Maybe anyone on this forum got some tips and or better ideas on how to pull this off?

This was the original blog post that had as much information as I’ve ever seen on HassOS: New Hass.io images, based on HassOS - Home Assistant

It is highly optimised for running Home Assistant and you will be hard pressed to run anything else natively on this OS.

You can run Portainer as an addon and load up any docker container though.

It’s based on buildroot. It states that on the first line of the GitHub repo for HassOS.

Home Assistant Operating System (HassOS) is based on buildroot. It’s a hypervisor for Docker and supports various kind of hardware.

That takes installing qdevice onto HassOS out of the question for now.

As mentioned running a docker container through portainer is an option but a hassle.

Just to be sure, the install I described is what is know as “Home Assistant Supervised” right?

Anyone else on this forum running Qnetdevices for their proxmox clusters?

Just to be sure, the install I described is what is know as “Home Assistant Supervised” right?

Nevermind answered this myself by looking at the " Deprecating Home Assistant Supervised on generic Linux Thread.

I am running supervised