What sensors can I get to detect people in chairs or bed work with HA?

Hi All,

I am looking for any type of sensors that can help me to position family members inside the house in a particular room or a particular location.

How can I know that somebody is sitting at the dining table, so I can turn that particular light on?

Should I be looking at some pressure sensor for the chair? or some very short range motion sensor or some sort of heat sensor etc??? What solutions exist for this type of detection?

I also want a sensor for bed so I could do things automatically when i go to bed and lay down?
Could also be useful to count hours of sleep?

In general, what is available to location a person in a very specific part of the house aside from a general motion sensor?

Thank you all.
-D.

There’s something which might be useful for you: Anyone seen this (Find internal positioning)?
I didn’t try it though, only went through their docs

1 Like

Take a look at petewill Youtube channel.
He uses the mysensors platform, and made some bed and chair occupancy sensors.

3 Likes

Thank you! will look into it.

Interested in the petewill bed sensor, anyone know if this is available in MQTT format?

It looks like you can make a MQTT gateway https://www.mysensors.org/build/mqtt_gateway

1 Like

i am interested do buid a chair or bed occupancy sensor, but i dont want to use mysensor, only esp8266 mqtt.
any solutions?

I just ordered a aqara vibration sensor and want to try if the sensor will detect me as a person when sitting on it.

Still waiting for China supplies