What Tuya platforms are there? is there one for Brilliant?

OMG… super, thanks, worked flawlessy

1 Like

Anyone know the config for the energy monitoring version of the smart plug https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/brilliant-lighting-smart-wifi-plug-with-energy-monitoring-bl20925#specifications

Edit; Sorry didn’t look hard enough https://templates.blakadder.com/brilliant_BL20925.html

Mate made an account just to say thanks for this, saved me a ton of wasted cash.
i have a few of these.
They were even connected to the brilliant app, fully updated, etc.
I was able to kick each of them off the app (factory reset) and pair them straight into the tuya app using the manual add function (the smart function would not work).
Used your config.yaml and instantly imported into HASS

NP. However that config is now out of date. It should now work with the Tuya integration with no need for anything in configuration.yaml. Also the Arlec grid connect ones from Bunnings will work out of the box with Tuya. No need to bother with the Arlec app.

As for my comment about the Medion plug I found it can be flashed with ESPHome OTA using tuya-convert.

Hi guys,

I have these lights but I’m struggling to find a way to open the wifi module, it’s all been sealed shut with no screws at all

https://www.bunnings.com.au/brilliant-corymbia-smart-wifi-diy-colour-led-garden-light-kit-6-pack_p0145085

How did you guys manage to flash it?

Back in the day we could use Tuya-Convert (which I used to install ESPhome firmware) but I’d imagine if you bought them recently that won’t work. The back plastic cover can be popped off the wifi unit but it only lets you see the solid black potting compound that they filled it with. I’m actually thinking of modifying one of mine which I accidentally bricked by using an ESP and a signal booster.

Yeah luckily i was around in those good old days. Flashed many devices but got lazy and left some out and thought I’d flash them later.

3 yrs later and I forgot how to do it and wanted to flash this one.

To my surprise, when I tried to turn it on it wasn’t working. Bloody hell.

So now I can even go get the replacement wifi module because it would have the new chip

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

As I mentioned just above, I’m looking to make a new controller using an ESP and one of these. I’ll just put them in a weatherproof enclosure.

Yeah that sounds good. I’ll look into it.
Probably after you’ve done yours so I can copy what you did lol

I just got thinking about your comment.

I’m actually having signal range problems with my sonoff SV cold contact controllers for my gate and garage door

Is there a way I can boost their wifi signal?
Looked online but there doesn’t seem to be a clear cut way to solder an external antenna on micro controllers unless you buy something with an antenna port?

Or perhaps I should consider buying a Zigbee dry contact relay that I found out yesterday that they exist :slight_smile:

What would you recommend mate?

Tom created a little tutorial for doing this, I haven’t tried it.

1 Like