What Wall Switch Options are there?

You want too much if you don’t tell us what part of the world you are in, because size/format is very country dependent.

Russia

Asked local xiaomi shop, it seem’s that they are not going to make round switch yet.
so, what about sonoffs?

https://www.itead.cc/smart-home/sonoff-t1-eu.html

they need a neutral

He asked about sonoff, I pointed to the page.

Do not forget origin question, leave it siri to do.

I can confirm that the GresaTek from amazon are tasmota flash-able as well.

Hey,

I just discovered a new product (I think it is pretty new) called BTicino living now.

It is zigbee with a gateway zigbee wifi.

Do you think that I can use it on HA?

Buy it and try it.

I wish I was a programmer!

I can help but I’m not able to build something from scratch.

I saw that it seems that api should be avaible :slight_smile:

I just installed one yesterday, without a neutral. It’s the two button version, and it just needs a common input (L) and two outputs (L1 and L2), one for each light. Apparently this model drains some energy from L even when both lights are off, so it doesn’t need a neutral. Be careful, though, because there’s an almost identical model that specifically needs a neutral.

can you post a link to the one you bought please?

Sure, it’s this one

There’re 4 choices, two of them wall switches, the other two wireless switches. Either choice can be purchased with one or two buttons.

ah these… thanks. I already have the wireless version. Wasn’t aware they didn’t require a neutral. Cheers!

Has anyone managed to get his hand on a stateful wall switch which doesn’t require a Neutral line, and fits a european/86 type wall socket ?
Zigbee, Zwave, Wifi, doesn’t matter… as long as it can provide state.

I’m new to HA (also living in SA) and after the initial excitement of imagining possibilities I’m now somewhat depressed that off the shelf MQTT compatible switches that I could actually use in my home (and would pass electrical compliance certification inspection and hence not lead to home insurance problems in the event of a fire) apparently don’t exist? Is that an accurate assessment? Please tell me I’m wrong.

Or you can buy Inovelli switches that don’t require a special add-on switch (an additional $20 per switch) for three-way or four-way circuits.

Like Tariffs? It looks like all Z-Wave on Amazon is up by $5 across the board. (Inovelli, GE, Lutron).

Is it esp8266 based? Is there a place to add header pins as on the Sonoff Touch? Photos?

I recently had a chat with an engineer at Inovelli about this. He explained that each switch would require its own Sigma Designs ZW0301 chip and antenna which would make the device too large to fit into a single-gang box. They did try.

It is not enough that a device and its wires will physically fit into an electrical box. The designer (and installer) has to consider box fill. If a switch manufacturer makes something so large that the box fill would likely be exceeded, then there would be liability issues.

1 Like