What will replace the history graph after its deprecated 0.107.0.?

Hi, do you have a link to ‘browser mod’?

Do I have to install it in the browsers I use to access HAC?

So, 0.107 beta is here now, did anyone get anywhere with what we are supposed to use to replace the history graph (which the devs mistakenly believe is ONLY used in the states interface, I have been using the auto generated Lovelace config for quite some time and still use histroy_graphs) I have copied my config over to a 0.107 beta install and as far as I can tell I am going to have to start manually managing my Lovelace config if I want graphs :frowning:

Using just the following

history_graph:
  hass_health_7d:
    name: HASS Health 7d
    entities:
      - sensor.hass_db_size
      - sensor.disk_use_percent
      - sensor.processor_use
      - sensor.memory_use_percent
      - sensor.swap_use_percent
      - sensor.hassos_pi_cpu_temp
    hours_to_show: 168 #7days
    refresh: 600

Gives me

And this is right now in lovelace, how would I reproduce this without having to take complete control of the lovelace config (which is something I dont have the time or inclination to learn / do right now)

Is the long term goal to remove the automatic lovelace config in favour of browser designer or hand craft?

Edit: Just re-read and you don’t want to manually edit Lovelace - I don’t use the editor so maybe this solution isn’t suitable for you.

Couldn’t you just use the history-graph card? As far as I am aware the integration is what is being depreciated, the history-graph Lovelace card remains.

yeah, that was kind of my point. I dont use the editor or manage the lovelace.yaml by hand. I build HA config and let it auto generate the lovelace UI. I know that will seem odd to many, and its not pretty, but for the way I use it and for the time being it works well for me.

They would have been better no building the auto config when they deprecated the States UI as some people assumed that it would be maintained and supported and not just have features ripped out with pretty short notice.

From what I can see from my quick test in the beta about 50% of my UI just breaks :frowning: so I guess I am now stuck on 0.106.x until I have the time to learn lovelace/start from scratch with my UI.

There’s new functionality for dashboards, you can easily have one that’s a default Lovelace generated view and have another which contained a small amount of manually configured graphs.

So I found out that if I use the GUI editor in the OLD pre 0.107 release before upgrading it fixes the lovelace config at that point in time. Then I was able to upgrade and pretty much everything stayed the same (there were a few quirks but pretty easy to fix) so I still have my history graphs, still have my views etc. mostly how I had it before.
And with the current lockdown I have even found some time to start to get to know lovelace a little :slight_smile:

Its a shame no-one suggested that before, it could have save some time and anguish.