I found a few things that helped me. I’ll post here in case they help others.
- need to set the amcrest ad410 doorbell’s password to something without special characters. I don’t know what special characters are not allowed in Frigate etc, but it caused errors for me in Frigate until I had a password that was just upper, lower, and digits.
- put doorbell camera on a static DHCP address on your network
- need to set the amcrest camera’s encoding to h.264. This can be done by calling up the following address in a web browser on the same network (and vlan if applicable) as the doorbell. Replace your camera’s IP.
http://[YOUR CAMERA IP]/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Encode.MainFormat.Video.Compression=H.264
- set up your mosquito broker service in home assistant. Add an MQTT user in the mosquito broker config. Go to mosquito broker options, and in the “customize” portion, enter the following:
- username: [your-mosquito-user]
- After you install Frigate, make the config.yml file in the Frigate’s config directory. Include the following:
host: [path to your home assistant running mqtt. just the ip. No slashes, no port #.]
- path: rtsp://admin:[your amcrest camera password]@[your amcrest camera ip]:554
- May need to install coral drivers. I am using unraid and had to do this for Coral USB (even though it’s said only need to install the drivers if using Coral PCI device).
- If using Coral, need to add an entry for it in the config.yml file
Until I had done those things I could not get Frigate up and running or the ad410 added to it.
My $0.02 as a newbie to this, my first frigate install, first time using mqtt, first time using ad410 camera.