When I first launched my home assistant

Is there a place somewhere in Home Assistant where I can find the date and time, I first brought up the first home assistant screen? I wanted to set up an automation using the Anniversary plugin. I did not find anything, so I tried to find the oldest file in Home Assistant. April 06, 2023, at 17:54 US EST. I was hoping for a system file or something that will never change or even a built-in sensor that would store this data. The automation I wanted to do is to get mad at me if I did not acknowledge it if I missed her (my instance of Home Assistant) birthday, maybe like an input_boolean that can be switched off. I’ve did, already, set up the anniversary for Home Assistant in general, September 17, 2013. So where can I find this?

The date and time may be correct because one day before, I joined this community about my excitement of building Home Assistant moving away from Smartthings.

I did get the components the next day after this post.

Thank you.

Why is the date you installed HA relevant to your wife’s birthday?

1 Like

LOL. No, I already have an entry for my birthday, her birthday, and my wife’s (and our parents and more). What I wanted to do and ask for, is for no reason. The birthday of when I first day I setup and started using Home Assistant. What I was looking for is the exact date and time of when Home Assistant became aware. LOL! I found the oldest file on Home Assistant, which is dated April 06, 2023, at 17:54 US EST. What I wanted to do was set up an input_boolean turn on at 00:00 US EST on that day. If I did not respond to it by 17:54, I will do a media_player message to Alexa with Home Assistant warning me it will turn off and never come back on because I forgot her birthday. I will not do that, of course, but I thought it would be fun. If I turn off the input_boolean before 17:54, it will display green lights all over the house thanking me for remembering her (my instance of Home Assistant) birthday. I am talking about Home Assistant doing this, just for fun and just for kicks.

When it comes to my wife, I have reminders in my Microsoft 365 Calendar, phone calendar, Home Assistant calendar, and every place else to remember birthdays and anniversaries. But for what I am asking for, I wanted to know if anyone knew how to find out the exact date and time of when Home Assistant came to life after setting it up. Maybe looking for the oldest file is it, but I just wanted to see if there is another way. Thanks!

September 17, 2013, is the birthday of Home Assistant by the creator. I also have that in the Anniversary add-on. :slight_smile:

It sounds like you have found it, so just set it up as you have for the other birthdays.

What was the file your identified as the oldest by the way.