When will there be an official Home Assistant for Android app???

Check that Android isnt ‘optimising battery use’ for the App.
I had the exact same issue, so checked if this option was enabled and it was.

Since removing battery optimisation my status is updating as expected.
(it registered I had left the house within 1min of leaving and marked me as being at my Work zone within 2mins of arriving this morning)

go into app details in your settings (android settings), Home Assistant, Advanced,Battery,Battery Optimisation, Click the drop down that says ‘not optimised’ and change it to all Apps, find and click Home Assistant, Dont Optimise and then back right out of everything.
(Nice and simple…Thank’s Google…)
Worth mentioning I’m on the latest version of Android 10 so menu options may change on earlier versions of android. But in theory if you are on Android 9 or greater, this is the problem.

2 Likes

Thanks @Coedy. Done and will test when I take the dogs for a walk later. :slight_smile:

How did the app work on your experiment? Any joy?

The dogs are still in need of a walk…

I can confirm that removing the battery optimization fixed the issues I had on my phone. Thanks!

Good to know!
I’ve emailed the address listed on the play store to ask if they can add a popup that takes you straight to the optimisation screen when you enable location tracking.
Hopefully that should stop some of the bug reports/queries going forward and mean the Dev can look at further features instead :grin:

1 Like

Yes. Thanks for the link… Will follow and post as needed for enhancements on GIT.

How does the device tracker work? I activated the functionality in the app some time ago, but I don’t see any device tracker appearing in HA.
I’m used to apps like Ariela and HA Client adding a device to HA and reporting location (and other things), but I also don’t see that happening.

Could someone please explain?

did you add “mobile_app:” to your configuration.yaml?

Absolutely, and apps like Ariela and HA Client also make use of it. With a long lived access token. But this Home Assistant app asked me for normal webbased login.

I wiped the cache/storage off the app and started from scratch. Now the integration/device gets added to HA :slight_smile: and after a reboot of HA, also the notification service appears.

It amazes me that as HASSIO is built on open source technology, and seeks in many ways to wrench control from big business (Cloud) back into people (local) control, that the only app for such a long time was for a platform (Apple) that is everything HASSIO isn’t…

I’m happy we have an Android App, I’m just surprised it was not the first choice…

1 Like

I’m happy we have an Android App, I’m just surprised it was not the first choice…

It’s a shame Tizen didn’t really catch on, it’s certainly a lot more open source than both iOs and Android.

hi guys

Is anyone having the same issues as me on the official HA android app?

The text in the top bar where the time and notifications appear seem to be very hard to read. See below:

Is this something to do with the app or my theme?

Thanks