When will there be an official Home Assistant for Android app???

Any news about some beta…

Someone should close this thread.

Why should close?

When its ready.
The developer Robbie has had a death of a family member recently so is probably taking time out to deal with that

1 Like

The mobile web does not integrate device information. Using the app for presence detection, accessing device sensor states, cameras etc. There are lots of reasons for an app.

Ariela do already all these things, so until an official app is available you can use it :smiley:

Try homehabit on Google store …

Couple questions on the HA Mobile App for Android from Google Play store.

1. Will “Push” notification pop up if an event/alert is triggered? (separate from HTML5).
    If yes, will this replace Pushover and other variant notification integrations?

2. Geofencing capability? If so, how will this play with multiple devices?

3. Real-time location ? (similar to Google tracking but would replace Google tracking)

I don’t see them ever replacing the notification options, only adding to them.

location tracking is already implemented, albeit with some issues right now apparently with updating frequently enough.

1 Like

Thanks…

If yes, will this replace Pushover and other variant notification integrations?

I don’t see them ever replacing the notification options, only adding to them.

Apology for not being clear enough.

Can the HA App be used for Push notifications instead of Pushover or other variant notification integrations? Basically, if I wanted to disable Pushover, will HA App provide the same functionality?

I think that is their plan, but I don’t know. I can’t imagine them NOT implementing that feature.

1 Like

This is great news the app now support Push Notification and tracking. No longer need Google tracking or Pushover app.

New feature request for the app:

1. Include the ability for Tracking Update time intervals. i.e. 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, 5 min, etc, etc. (Unless its already built in. If so, what is the default?)

2. Include the ability for the app to know when the phone is on the home Wifi network.

1 Like

Let us know when of if the feature for location update frequency can be implemented (30sec, 1min, 5min, etc).
The App currently doesnt seem to update as it should.

1 Like

I find that it only updates location when I actually open the app. Apparently I am at the office, despite it being holidays.

I’m seeing the same thing even tho I have “Background location tracking” enabled in the app.

Yes I meant to add that I have that set.

Consolidation of requests for the App.

1. Include the ability for Tracking Update time intervals. i.e. 30 sec, 1 min, 2 min, 5 min, etc, etc. (Unless its already built in. If so, what is the default?)

2. Include the ability for the app to know when the phone is on the home Wifi network.
    (other than Geo-fencing)

3. Include ability to have app ignore DND mode so notification come through.

1 Like

Touching base to determine if any of the feature requests are being considered.

Assuming you mean the official app, have you tried: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant-android/issues

1 Like