Where are the full zwave -JS logs

Hi All,
Where are the full logs of zwave-JS ? I can see the piece of ZWAVE logs in the Supervisor>Zwave log section, but I want to see them all

I am using a HASSIO running on a RPI4.

TYA

1 Like

For those with difficulty finding it. SUPERVISOR–>Z-WAVE JS (add-on button)–>LOG (top menu, on right)

@JRock3000 - I am not exactly blind :slight_smile:
That part of the logs I see, but it lists a recent portion of the Zwave JS Logs.

What I am looking for is the full Zwave-JS Log, which I assume it is stored somewhere, even though not retrievable by HASS interface.

Looking for the exact same thing. Would love to debug / troubleshoot based on z-wave events.
Especially since my doorbell triggers are not working, it really helps to understand if there is a problem with the zwavejs not understanding the events or the addon not passing it through.

For ZwaveJS2mqtt:
ZwaveJS2mqtt control panel => settings => general => log level: silly and log to file on. Under general there is another tab named zwave => log level: silly and log to file on.

Then control panel => store => download zwavejs2mqtt.log and zwavejs_ID.log

1 Like

The logs are not accessible outside the UI if you are running Zwave JS addon and HassOS. If you are running HomeAssistant Supervised, you can access the logs via SSH from the OS (not the ssh addon).

Much appreciated :slight_smile:

For a quick startup, can you share the logfile name and folder location?

I’d have to look when I get home

Very happy to see today’s update of Zwave-JS.
Nice that we can now control the loglevel from the confuration.

I was able to capture some of the zwave traffic for my aotec doorbell 6. It seems that the events are passing through to the integration, but are not mapped somehow to the integration / entities.
But that problem is for a different topic.

That’s how events work. All events are like that.

Hi, it looks as though the logs are in time ascending order, which is useless as I’m seeing the initial logs and not the newest?

I’m struggling to find any devices thought there are lots of logs about nodes, so want to know if its finished interviewing but there isn’t anywhere to find this?

There is now a way to download full z-wave logs in home assistant. Well almost full. Won’t show the startup, but everything after that. In HA go to Configuration → Integrations → Select CONFIGURE for Z-Wave JS Integration → Go to the Logs tab and interact with the device, then click the download button to download the logs as a file.

On http://%z-wavejs%/store I do see the log files listed but couldn’t find a way to download from there (I CAN check the checkbox but don’t know how to proceed downloading). On the OS Z-Wave JS is running, I found a file under /writable/system-data/var/snap/zwavejs2mqtt/386/.

Note the OS is Ubuntu Core. Version info can be found in GD00Z-8 inclusion completes, but I see "Unknown manufacturer 0xXXXX" · Discussion #4705 · zwave-js/node-zwave-js · GitHub

I can’t find a way to get to the existing logs, BUT, if you enabled Silly level logs in the AddOn, then go to the ‘Configure’ button of the Z Wave JS Integration, there is a logging tab across the top. It will capture the logs while you are there and let you download them.

This is sufficient to capture logs for an event you can trigger, but not for investigating an event after the fact.