Where are the YAML for the Lovelace UI editor stored?

I was playing with the UI editor, and can´t figure out (if at all) the yalm codes ar stored like regular yaml-files…

It would be nice to design most of, or a draft of the GUI in the UI editor, and then switch back to YAML mode and tweak it there for further costumizations.

Like I mentioned in the other thread.

When in the UI Editor, select the upper right menu again to access the raw mode yaml.

I am looking for the YAML files that I can edit in VSC

You will not find them, they are stored in a JSON file.

You can copy the contents of raw editor, then switch to YAML mode.

2 Likes

good suggestion. To go all the way with this I would like to:

1. make a draft in the ui editor
  2. be able to use the ui editor for drafting even though YAML mode in config

That will not work, but unless you plan to use !includes and/or !secrets in your UI config I would just stick with managing it in the UI

I do :slight_smile:

views:
  - !include lovelace/00_home_view.yaml
  - !include lovelace/01_home_view.yaml
  - !include lovelace/10_home_info_view.yaml
  - !include lovelace/20_power_view.yaml
  - !include lovelace/96_TEST_view.yaml

Managing through the UI does not require a restart to display changes I believe YAML mode requires a restart.
The file(s) are likely in the .storage directory. If editing, I would only do that when HA is stopped.

YAML mode do not require a restart. Just save the changes and refresh the page in the browser. In some cases you will have to do a Refresh/Update from the upper right menu to see the changes.

1 Like

OK, I have not use yaml mode directly.

Even if stored in JSON, where can they be found? I seemed to have screwed something up while adding a custom card, and now going to any lovelace page at all freezes my browser windo until the browser asks to stop loading the page.

I’d like to just remove the part where I entered the resource in raw mode, but can’t get to that…