Where does notify.notify put files?

Right, the xxx.csv will never be “visible” in any “entity” tables

Your light.my_light you can rename to what ever you will, it will still turn on/of the “light” which it’s associated with in it’s integration(Device_id_child) ( And you can’t change that )
( You can even “convert it” to a switch.my_light and rename it, It will still belong to the same(Device), not magically another (Device)

Sorry i can’t be of more help here

Good there is this “feature”, to ADD Entities pointing to relevant Files, just in case you wanted to change your xxx.csv location or wanted another xxx2.csv
( And maybe eventually the ability to change PATH )

I suggest you keep the file-PATH(NAME) in the Integration-admin, and settle with Friendly-Name, and don’t mess around to much in your system, set up a “structure” you fell comfortable with, and stick to it
Maybe eventually DEV’s come up with another idea of “telling you” where you placed the TEXT-Files you writes to, i doubt the will/can change the functionally of FILE-Sensor/FILE-Notify

1 Like

This forum is great! So many people willing to share, not only their trials and tribulations, but also what they’ve discovered along the way. Thank you!!!

But, and I’m sorry about this, I just have to comment again about how completely unnecessary this whole fiasco seems. I keep shaking my head and asking myself why?

1 Like

Indeed, i’ve been “confused” for days, and i really felt comfortable with the YAML-Mode, Now it feels like “Blinded on 1 eye, and left hand tight on the back” :joy:

However this is yet to “Be Discovered” Not sure how/when this will “take place”

Well, If things are NOT working, I always try to check everything. But in this case, I can’t.

Anyway: that’s the answer for now: “You can’t verify the filename/location”

Just out of curiosity, where/how did you “verify” that before ?

I used the legacy file notifier. The file path is in the yaml code

Right, so keep it there, and just “commend it out”, then you can always find it there, just as usual, if that makes you more comfortable, than keeping the PATH(Name) in the Integration-UI