Where is my configuration.yaml and config folder?

im not able to access my HASSIO by directing typing 192.168.1.130:8123 but only able to access by http://hassio.local:8123.

your config directory is in the root directory of the hass core container. configuration.yaml is inside the config directory.

Is this my root directory?

1 Like

or this is my root dir?

For future reference, it’s no longer called hass.io. You’ll be hard-pressed to find any mention of installing hass.io in the official documentation. Its new name is Home Assistant OS. Even Peyanski’s blog avoids using the old name.

anybody have any solutions? or how do I uninstall and reinstall it?

Windows isn’t going to find those folders…you have virtual machines and Home Assistant is running as a separate virtual machine. Re-read the section in that post you followed to install titled " Using Home Assistant Snapshot for migration". You have to samba to access those folders…even though the folders are on the same physical system as windows.

1 Like

OMG! I found it! thank you so much so much!

Hello sunny6110, can you tell me how did you do it, i am having the exact same dificulty as you…tank you

Looks like samba.

I’m having the same issue but what it is “to samba”?
I have samba installed on my HA, but how can I access those folders?
Samba documentation says:
Connection:
If you are on a Windows use \<IP_ADDRESS>\… Where do I enter that? And what would be the IP_Address?
I read on this manual to access files with samba:

And it also requieres an IP address. Tried with mines but didn’t work. How can I know the IP for my samba?

I’m just trying to install HACS, tried with the ssh script to auto install and it said it was installed but I can’t find it, I restarted after the installation but can’t find HACS. So I’m trying to manual way, but can’t find the root directory.
I’m a newbie on HA but I hope it gets more friendly… Been hours trying to install one module

The IP address for your samba server is the same as the IP address for your home assistant.

You put the \\ip.address.x.y into the normal place in windows explorer (NOT internet explorer)

Thanks for helping. But I can’t find that IP address.
I read that I had to use ifconfig command for that, but when I type it on my Oracle VM it asks me for a password. I have no idea what password is asking me. I enter anything and then it asks me for my home assistant login, I enter my home assistant login credentials and it tells me “login incorrect”.

I also tried using Fing, and found out that my HA IP is 192.168.1.9. I enter that on my windows explorer and it tells me that “Windows needs a share resource to publish. Try another location”
I’m typing \\192.168.1.9 when I do right click on This Pc, add network location.

This might help. https://www.home-assistant.io/common-tasks/os/#installing-and-using-the-samba-add-on

It did! Thanks very much.

On my HomeAssistant OS (raspberry pi) the configuration.yaml is located at /homeassistant/configuration.yaml

I gather the /homeassistant has replaced the config/ directory…?

No. It has not. There was a plan to make /homeassistant the anchor for addons but it was modified recently tk make the change transparent to end users. If you’re seeing this you may have installed a version of the samba addon that’s serving /homeassistant instead of /config it’s been reverted in the samba addin v. 12.x and the PR that was making the change has been edited to ensure the process is transparent to end users.

So if you’re seeing /homeassistant it’s not intentional.

They have actually not “renamed” the /homeassistant(in the container you SSH to) in 12.0.0,

They changed Samba-Config , and mapped/mounted /config

1 Like

Either way Op needs to update Samba it sounds like…

Ah, interesting. Thanks.