Where is the Core Restart vs Host Reboot now?

With the new Settings, I can’ find where to simply reboot Core vs rebooting the entire host OS. This was a very hadny way to fix a lot of little “issues” much more quickly than rebooting the host machine.

Was this removed, or am I just missing it somewhere in the new settings?

1 Like

Settings > System > Reboot (top right, menu)

and it automatically triggers a check configuration before it does… That said i prefer to go to dev tools (where the yaml reload moved to) and check configuration myself before hitting restart

6 Likes

Thank you.

But I can’t still find where is the real reboot entire host OS?

Settings > System > Hardware. Then look under the three vertical dot menu in the top right.

8 Likes

Many thanks - I looked there hundred times and did not see 3 dots… :(:frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s a real discoverability issue there. But I strongly doubt the Hardware page is final in it’s current form…

2 Likes

Thanks! Managed to find the restart button for core on my own, but just couldn’t find the host reboot button hidden in Hardware.

1 Like

Ugh the UX is absolutely abysmal for finding things the first 10 times you need them.

1 Like

This new settings redesign has not been an improvement to be honest. I spent 5 minutes look for how to reboot.

2 Likes

I don’t understand what’s gone on with HA OS since the last time I used it. Made things harder to find not simplifying it. This along with moving the YAML check had me scratching my head! What’s the point of the Hardware system menu just to hide one of the most common features of any OS like reboot and shutdown! :exploding_head:

I’m all for UI simplicity but when dumbing down makes things harder to find or removed it’s backwards progress.

Hardware should have storage under it. Also things like memory usage, CPU usage, hardware devices? And a huge big REBOOT :laughing:

3 Likes

I didn’t read this whole thread, so I’m sorry if this is repeated information.

In case anyone is having trouble in version 2022.12.2 (frontend version 20221208.0)…

NOOOOOW, it’s Settings → System → Hardware and then the hotdog menu in the top-right has a “reboot system” and a “shutdown system” option.

Like so many other people I am getting tired of how quickly they are changing the interface. If we aren’t looking at the management interface ALL THE TIME, we have to relearn it.

Ideally, you set these things up and rarely touch the backend when you add the occasional device. Unfortunately, Home Assistant, or one random device or service flakes out for no reason and has to be reconnected, readded, reconfigured or something fairly regularly (seems like I’m logging in to fix something about once a month or better…

It’s frustrating enough to have to login and delete and re-add all of my ring devices and rebuild every automation that uses them because I had a power failure. It’s far worse when I have to find everything in a new interface that hasn’t added anything, but just relocated everything.

GRRR

1 Like

5 mins… you are so much better than me. I didn’t find it until reading this post :slight_smile:

Has it moved again or do I have a corrupt 2023.1.4?

Settings → System → Hardware → 3dots just has ‘All Hardware’… looking for a way of rebooting the entire OS remotely.

These are still there in my case. However I will mention that I just recently switched from a Python Venv installation to a full blown HA (HassOS, etc.) installation, and the Python venv installation did not have the reboot options.