Where to find general.xml in deConz

Hello all,

I have an issue with a Hue bulb that starts in power on mode after a power outage. I want to change the parameter in deConz but it seems like there is a bug in the software so it’s impossible to write that parameter. To workaround there is an option to edit the general.xml file that should be located in the following folder /usr/share/hassio/addons/data/core_deconz but I can’t find it. I am using the add-on in Hass.IO and have looked in terminal as well as browsing with SFTP client. Can anyone tell me where to look?

I have deCONZ installed separately, so I can’t confirm how the addon works. However…

Are you using Portainer? If so, you should be able to see the Docker container running the deCONZ addon - it will be called something like addon_core_deconz. If you click on the addon, at the bottom of the next screen you will see where volumes are mapped.

Assuming this addon behaves the same as others, “/data” will be mapped to somewhere under “/usr/share/hassio/addons/data”. If the folder exists but the file doesn’t, it suggests to me that there may be config under the deconz addon in “Supervisor > Dashboard”.

I have Portainer and found the directory to where data is mapped. But the file isn’t within that folder. And unfortunately it isn’t any configuration within "Supervisor > Dashboard > deCONZ either. If I connect to deCONZ through VNC and use the GUI I can see under “Preferences” that the file should be under /usr/share/deCONZ/zcl/general.xml but that folder doesn’t exist if I connect through terminal

i have the same problem i looking for that file to fix the previos state issue in philips hue con deconz

is under /usr/share/deCONZ/zcl/general.xml but inside the container, what you can do is copy that file
using the follow command
docker cp addon_core_deconz:/usr/share/deCONZ/zcl/general.xml .
the dot at the end is important since it is the destination folder in this case the folder where you are

make the modification that you want, as docker container don’t storage permanent data, if you want to use only once as i did you can restart the deconz plugin (restart the docker container should work too) in the same moment that the plugin/container is starting copy the file back in order to be read when deconz app starts,

docker cp general.xml addon_core_deconz:/usr/share/deCONZ/zcl/

now you can connect with vnc viewer and configure your devices. if you reboot the container or the machine the new configuration will be lost but the devices will continue working.
if you want to have always the configuration you can try using volume in docker and add the file in the volume to vnc viewer / file / configuration.

i only used the copy into container method and my philips hue bulbs can remeber the state

I’ve tried running the docker cp addon_core_deconz:/usr/share/deCONZ/zcl/general.xml . suggested by Miguel via the SSH interface (using the Terminal & SSH add-in) then clicking Open Web UI. However, that gives me an error message.

I find Docker confusing, so am probably doing something wrong? Can someone point me in the right direction please?

@auseco - I have been having issues also (error about vnc_password) after an upgrade sometime back.

From what I can tell, it looks like (in portainer) there is an image ( homeassistant/aarch64-addon-deconz:6.6.5 ).

my commandline is missing the ‘docker’ command, there is no mounted filesystem off /mnt either.

If I knew where I could delete the erroneous entry ( ’ vnc_password’ ) - I could just edit the file manually. Have looked in all of the expected places but clearly am still missing something.